Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
It's pretty cool, until you want to know the time. Of course ;)

I think if you use a screensaver it generally means you're away from the computer - thus, I use my watch!

Now, if they could make the Clock screensaver be all ripply like the LotsaWater job we'd have it made, what?

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
ahhhhhhh stay away from that screensaver. it caused A serrious burn in on my 23in acd. i may have left it on my computer for 17 days straight while i was on a trip but....

it did eventually go away with another 17 days of rainbow color stream screensaver.

mizelly41

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
Illinois
I have tried to install this screen saver but have had no luck. I downloaded it and clicked the FLIQLO.saver icon and it then opens up System Preferences. I click on Desktop & Screen Saver and then the Screen Saver tab and it is not there.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
I have tried to install this screen saver but have had no luck. I downloaded it and clicked the FLIQLO.saver icon and it then opens up System Preferences. I click on Desktop & Screen Saver and then the Screen Saver tab and it is not there.

I had this problem and I had to copy it via terminal as suggested and then it was in the ScreenSaver pane under other when i reopened it.

Code:
cd /Volumes/FLIQLO\ 1.1/
cp -r FLIQLO.saver ~/Library/Screen\ Savers/

mrgreeneyes

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2007
Gatineau,Canada
For all those tired of the repeated asking of "Whoa, what's that clock screensaver?!" in the Post your Mac setup thread, I thought I'd attempt to stem the anger by posting this.

The screensaver you so desire is called Fliqlo and is available from here.

Here's what it looks like:
IMG_2169.jpg

Please do not ask about it in any other thread. :)

how do i install it?

when i click on it, it doesnt do anything

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
Awesome! Using now for a change. Thx for the link!

I love putting it on both computers and playing music when people are over, gives a good ambiance feeling :)

Also with the update you can adjust the sizes and make it spin 3D-ish. Also I'd adjust the sound sensitivity to your liking, sometimes I find mine to be too high. I love playing around with it :)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
mine started displaying military time on its own, how do i change it back
You likely accidently pressed the "right" arrow key (that changes it to 24-hr format). Simply press the "left" arrow key. That should take you back to 12-hr. :)

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I use the "Flickr Interestingness" screensaver myself...

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=7PPCBS3O3BG6HDlI9IS63A&_render=rss

Select the "MobileMe and RSS" option under "Pictures" in the screensaver options. Hit the "+" and select "Add RSS Feed" in the drop down menu. Then just paste that link from above. It's a Yahoo Pipes feed that will pull in all the "Explore" pictures from Flickr. It's really awesome. Your screensaver is never the same, and always rotating through cool pictures.

I must warn you though. You will find yourself staring endlessly at your monitor for long periods. If you are easily distracted, you might want to think twice. :D

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Whoa, mega-thread revival.

Maybe we should change this to a Post your screensaver thread.

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Read the other replies, mount the disk image and then follow my instructions above via terminal.

Or open Screen saver in System Preferences and just drag and drop the .saver file into the Screen Saver preview window

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
i have the fliqlo clock screensaver on my macs but i just stumbled on this particular one and i think it's time for a change :D:

http://leogeo.com/28_timebeat.htm

That's just friggin' awesome! Except it's in .sit format... *cries*

I went and installed StuffIt *gag* and "expanded" it. And because I'm such a nice guy, I've compressed the screensaver into a more contemporary .zip format so you don't have to.

You can download it below. Enjoy!

Attachments

• leogeo | timebeat.zip
    789.6 KB · Views: 501
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.