Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmufan

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2008
I want nachos right now...

nachos.jpg

jabrowntx

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2007
A billion or two of these...

and no back pain.. oh the things I could do :)

Attachments

• dollar.jpg
    dollar.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 201

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
ILL START

Id love to see this thread sky rocket

Penthouse in NYC

Aston Martin

the list is endless ill upate on occasion im just curious what other people want

When I read a case in law school about a rich man who was attacked outside of such a penthouse and almost mutilated, the idea of such a home fell from my list of "wants" or "needs", at least in NYC or the windy city. What is ironic is that great penthouses in those two cities border, or are directly in, terrible war zone neighborhoods.

I probably want to get through school, which is a condition I have with my State budget department, to get me a grant so I can start my own business with their required grant money for small business. Basically govt. stuff and rules and regs.

Other than that, I am happy to live in a safe place with safe water. I certainly don't ask for much in these recession times. I do plan to visit NYC and Chicago at least once in my life. I think CNN and Fox give extraordinarily bad and heinous new about those cities, and a few others, for ratings. The statistical abstract of the United States, however, does not show any positive trends towards a measurable reduction in crime in those two major U.S. cities.

ibook30

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2005
2,000 light years from home
a really really good life story, something epic
then again, maybe I have it
it's one of those things that takes a while to have I guess
but I'd for sure rather have a good story than about anything else

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I'd probably get myself killed with this thing but I've always wanted one.

I've always wondered if they wear the helmets strictly as a precaution or have actually needed it during practice because they wiped out and spun in circles on the ground! lol, that would be pretty funny to watch I think (as long as no one was seriously injured).

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
True happiness and relatively stress-free life is what I want at the moment. There are way too many issues (economics & politics + environment) at the moment.

happiness_of_katakuris.jpg

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
At this very moment, I wouldn't mind:

353_25446_D90_34l.jpg

and a trip to:

Wind+River+Range_+Wyoming.jpg
greenRiverReflection.jpg

That would probably relieve a bit of stress! At this point in life I'd even take just the latter part, forget the Nikon.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Other than my Mac Pro, this is the only expensive material object I've ever wanted: a big, beautiful Steinway (about $100,000). Never wanted a fast, fancy car; never wanted a mansion; never wanted the things most guys seem to want.

I just want a big F#*%ing Steinway.

Oh boy, you know what turns me on :D

Are they really that expensive? I would of thought maybe $50,000 at the most!

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
When I read a case in law school about a rich man who was attacked outside of such a penthouse and almost mutilated, the idea of such a home fell from my list of "wants" or "needs", at least in NYC or the windy city. What is ironic is that great penthouses in those two cities border, or are directly in, terrible war zone neighborhoods.

Dude, you can get mauled and mutilated just about anywhere. On a boat, on a plane, on the sidewalk, in your car. In your current living dwelling. Even in College. Remember when Bundy went and broke into a sorority house at FSU, killing and raping them.

Shouldn't let it effect you much, because, really, it can happen anywhere.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Dude, you can get mauled and mutilated just about anywhere. On a boat, on a plane, on the sidewalk, in your car. In your current living dwelling. Even in College. Remember when Bundy went and broke into a sorority house at FSU, killing and raping them.

Shouldn't let it effect you much, because, really, it can happen anywhere.

The said person was cut into 1" inch squares in front of many witnesses, but it's a landmark case as are other bizzare NY cases such as re: Winship, State of New York, United States of America. But that can start another thread of at least 1,000 posts and I don't dare put that one up. But Google it...you will be shocked beyond belief.

But as per your comment, I know that. In most small towns, it will never happen. But there are medium sized cities like Oakland and Phoenix that have gruesome stories that match anything we have seen in Detroit, Chicago, and New York. Per captia some cities like Detroit and Washington DC have been more dangerous than NYC in some crimes on some years.

The trend towards events like the World Trade Center bombings and the Son of Sam do happen in more highly populated areas, but Oklahoma City is an example that type of bizzare crime, of such a heinous variety, that can hit a "non-major" US city.

It is nice to know that there are no less than 60,000 beat officers in NYC and surrounding burroughs. :)

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
THINGS I CANT HAVE

Bedroom with Desk, Gym, Bed, Couch, Nice speakers, attactched bathroom, and mini fridge.

Emo Hair

A bigger school

Peace in the world.

Camera attached

and drivers license.
MacBook_Pro.jpg
Mac Book Pro

0005_apple-ipod-classic.jpg

ipodo classic

toshiba-920t.jpg

toshiba 920T w/ Student white plan

final-cut-g1.jpg

2005scionxb_mainpic.jpg

or
honda-civic-coupe.jpg

I live a good life tho!

Attachments

• 31986886-2-200-0.gif
    31986886-2-200-0.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 4,965

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
A decent amount of land( with a river to fish) so I could grow veg and keep goats etc in order to be self sufficient .

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
-Redesigned MacBook Pro

Cintiq12WX_1.jpg

1dsmk3_586x225.gif

ef600_4lisu_586x225.jpg

XLH1s_586x225.jpg

pro9500_586x225.jpg

And I want :apple: to replace my iPhone, it's been acting up a ton lately. Gotta get into an Apple Store.
iphone_34.jpg

8 more gigs for my Mac beast.
owcpc6400fbdimms.jpg

Babooshka

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Well! This year Santa....
black-keyboard-white-macbook-6.jpg

samsung-f8.jpg

vw_golf_mk_v_gti-thumb-480x270.jpg

white.jpg

(why not have all 3?)
tc72_lh_blk.jpg

jb75_lh_3ts_r.jpg

with a maple fret board, not rosewood
a flat in Glasgow, riverside, city centre, on one of the top 3 floors, modern
a bunch of furniture for said flat.
macpro.jpg

maxed to the teeth
Nikon-D40-1.jpg

apple_ipod_classic_1.jpg

That is all..... for now......
[edit] I'm not totally done:
sky-hd.jpg

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Well! This year Santa....
edit...
with a maple fret board, not rosewood

The bass or the guitar would be cool, I admit, but I would have to get rid of one of my electrics to make room for it in my small house. Since I already have a set in neck electric, even though I am fiercely a bolt-on neck type of guy, I still don't need another electric guitar, but a bass can take me places a guitar never can. It doubles my musical universe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.