Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheNightPhoenix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Just seen an advert for "What happen in Vegas" They went into the fact it had "digital copy".

Not heard of any discs here having it before, maybe something is going to be announced tomorrow?

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
This is what was announced in the US when "Family Guy: Blue Harvest" was released earlier in the year. I believe participation is up to the studios. There were some prior to the announcement, but they were Windows Media only ("Die Hard: 4.0" was one). It just requires the movie to also be available from the iTunes store and the special program on the DVD (or supplemental DVD) to setup.

TEG

TheNightPhoenix

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I know it was announce last year, but it's not been available in the UK.
Blue harvest etc all come sans Digital copy, I think this is the first time it's been seen outside of the USA.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
I wish they'd roll it out more aggressively. I'm going to get the Godfather trilogy on Blu-Ray, and would be stoked if it came with a digital copy.

Watching the godfather on the train. Is there anything more awesome?

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Oh, I should add that I'm even more angry. I want to buy Wall-E and Nightmare Before Xmas on Blu-Ray, and they come with digital copies in the US, and nothing in Europe.

Why the difference? They're digital copies! I don't want to have to buy the movies again on my Mac, or buy a BD-ROM and rip them. Just make it easy. Please. And international.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.