Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CHP4LiFe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I did a quick search and didn't really come up with anything. I currently have my 3G setup with my Comcast and Hotmail (premium) E-mail accounts. With my Comcast account, anytime I receive an E-mail, I get the audible/vibrate notification along with the little "1" that comes up next to the Mail app. Great.

With my Hotmail account, I don't get any kind of notification. I have to scroll all the way to the bottom of all of my Emails and click "Load More Messages: 2 unread."

Am I missing something or is that just the way Hotmail is? I would like to have some notification that I have new E-mails with Hotmail.

CHP4LiFe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
Adjusting the fetch time will make my Hotmail E-mails arrive the same way my Comcast E-mails do???

How so? Both my Comcast and Hotmail accounts are setup to fetch hourly yet my Hotmail E-mails recieve no kind of notification when arriving.

pcorrado

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2008
Chicago, IL
have you tried deleting the account on the phone and then either setting it up again or sycing it again trhough itunes? I have no idea if this helps but sounds like an issue with configuration - do you have the correct port setting for the pop and smtp server?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.