Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I figured we should just have a single list of these rather than a bunch of separate threads. So far, I've read of two:

Toy Bot Diaries, sound effects are very loud/distorted
Zen Pinball, all the graphics except the HUD are just a big white mess

Any more?

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
According to reports in the toucharcade.com and macrumors.com comments

List of Apps affected by the 2.1 software update beside number of forum reports: (in order of reports)

> 20 reports
Last.fm: (no audio) Developer aware, v2.0 update in transit
Zen Pinball: (no graphics white screen) Developer aware, v2.1 update in transit with improved frame rate, responsiveness, and graphics
Toybot Diaries: (corrupted sound effects) v1.2 fix in App Store

10 or more reports
Alli's Jigsaw:(cannot select new image) v1.1.0 fix in App Store
Asphault 4: (13) (drifting and braking sound effect corrupted, freezes)

5 or more reports
Splash ID: (8) (?keyboard no longer automatically appears in login screen?/works intermittently for some) Developer aware, update in transit
Whoshere: (crashes repeatedly on loading, deleting chat histories helps) v0.98 fix in App store

2 or more reports
Jeyo Mobile Extender: (nonfunctional, connects ok but no transfer of messages to outlook) Developer aware, currently software was rendered incompatible with iPhone 2.1 Update
Brain Tuner: (crashes, appears to function after reinstall though) Reinstall fixes issue
My Weather: (fails to launch) Reinstall fixes issue
Text Guru: (crashes after editing document) v1.0.5 fix in App Store
Younote: (after voice recording function cannot save)
Lexitron: (3) (corrupted sound effects)
Tuner Internet Radio: (AAC+ stream support is now broken)

1 report
Blue Skies: report from Developer (cut scene speech is distorted) version 2.0 fix available in App Store
EirText Pro: report from Developer (now crashes on firmware 2.1) Developer aware, updates in transit
EirText: report from Developer (now crashes on firmware 2.1) v1.3 fix in App Store
Billminder: report from Developer (nonfunctional) v1.01 update in transit
Voice Dialer: (does not respond to voice commands)
Brain Challenge: (corrupted sound)
Texas Hold'em: (distorted sound)
FuelGauge: (broken, keyboard nonfunctional)

Conflicting Reports
eWallet: (lack of automatic keyboard appearance at login screen, works for some)
Truphone: (out of memory error/ memory leakage from other app? works for some)
What's On: (fails to discover TV stations upon entering zip code/ works for some)
Whitepages: (?Unable to install??? But works if already installed, works for some)
Facebook: (does not work,keyboard in chat screen unreliable, works great for some)
Cube Runner: (sound effects corrupted, sounds fine to some)
Tube Status: (random crashes/exit to home screen, works fine for some)

Note: One commenter on toucharcade forums RPGGuy claims the 2.1 firmware no longer plays 8 bit sounds correctly which may explain the many sound glitches in some apps.

Amt

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
Oh, and after updating to 2.1, Super Monkey Ball won't work. That may just be my iPhone though, because all of my apps always crash... and I'm already on my 6th iPhone. :x

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
I can confirm that Whitepages works with 2.1

I had the app installed prior to updating to 2.1 and after looking at this thread just launched the app and it works. i searched for myself and found myself. Perhaps it doesn't let you install it but once installed it will work?

Also, as for Last.fm, with 2.0.2, that app was buggy like a mofo, would crash to homescreen all the time so i had removed it. If it still doesn't work in 2.1, for me, its a wash situation.

ccfoodog

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2008
I can confirm that Whitepages works with 2.1

I had the app installed prior to updating to 2.1 and after looking at this thread just launched the app and it works. i searched for myself and found myself. Perhaps it doesn't let you install it but once installed it will work?

Seems likely. I did not have it (and many others) installed at the time of the 2.1 upgrade in attempt to avoid the dreaded 'no content' problem. After the upgrade I tried putting a lot of the uninstalled apps back and got that error message for Whitepages.

-john

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

more apps added to list on post # 3 of this thread

Ding.Dong

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Los Angeles
"Now Playing" doesn't work at all for me now. It crashes to home screen right after showing the splash screen. I have a 8GB 1st Gen iPhone.

Edit: I uninstalled it and then reinstalled it, and now it seems to be working fine.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
The keyboard doesn't show spontaneously any longer when the login screen appears in SplashID. Tapping in the password field brings it up, though, so there is a simple work-around until it gets revised.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Add What's On to that list. It can't discover TV stations when you enter your zip code.

What's On works fine on my brand new 3G that I just purchased today and restored with my old Classic data. All of my channels are showing and it maintains the time/shows with current time. Seems fine to me.

To the OP...I would be careful about your list and get more then one report of an App that does not work with the update. There are a lot of bad installs out there and these need to be confirmed before they are plastered all over a forum as not working. This is only considerate of the Dev's that work so hard to design and make a buck off of them. Let's do this right and not jump to conclusions.

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
What's On works fine on my brand new 3G that I just purchased today and restored with my old Classic data. All of my channels are showing and it maintains the time/shows with current time. Seems fine to me.

To the OP...I would be careful about your list and get more then one report of an App that does not work with the update. There are a lot of bad installs out there and these need to be confirmed before they are plastered all over a forum as not working. This is only considerate of the Dev's that work so hard to design and make a buck off of them. Let's do this right and not jump to conclusions.

Does your new 3G have the new 2.1 update? Just curious.

You are correct I will add next to the apps if only one report is present.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Does your new 3G have the new 2.1 update? Just curious.

You are correct I will add next to the apps if only one report is present.

It came with the 2.0.2 version. Purchased at Best Buy and they had a ton of stock from the grand opening so think it is from that event.

And just so you know, I was not jumping on you for your thread...it is a great idea to consolidate and give both user and Dev one place to go for reports then tons of fruitless posts that will be buried by tomorrow. So keep it up but with a little refinement.

grantsdale

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
Jeyo Mobile Extender doesn't seem to work since 2.1 either. Though I'm not sure if it was 2.1. Haven't used it since 2.0.1, so it might have been 2.0.2 that broke it as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.