Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
Thanks for all the invites Ziwi, but you may want to take me off the list. Running has been consistently hard on my knees for some reason, so I am just sticking with cycling for now and training for the MS 150. No more running for me in the near future.

Thanks again!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Thanks for all the invites Ziwi, but you may want to take me off the list. Running has been consistently hard on my knees for some reason, so I am just sticking with cycling for now and training for the MS 150. No more running for me in the near future.

Thanks again!

i'm really sorry to hear that. hope things get better for you

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Posted in the April running thread, but doing it here as well.

If you could please add me to the challenges my ID is "kellen 21", space between kellen and 21.

Just getting back into running, used to do it more often. Now just running 2.5 miles to get back in shape and work up my stamina for longer runs.

Thanks.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Posted in the April running thread, but doing it here as well.

If you could please add me to the challenges my ID is "kellen 21", space between kellen and 21.

Just getting back into running, used to do it more often. Now just running 2.5 miles to get back in shape and work up my stamina for longer runs.

Thanks.

hopefully ziwi has seen this and has sent you an invite. we really need your miles

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
I pm'd him/her, so just waiting for the invite.

My goal is on day one run in morning, then lift at night followed by another run. Next day same, just without the lifting. Then third day is like the first. 4th day is usually rest or one run.

Did this 4 years ago and worked like a charm. However back then I wasnt:p old enough to drink, was new in town (Palm Springs, lived with parents over summer break from college), no girlfriend and weather was easy to run in. Now I am old enough to drink (Happy Hour!), have friends, live with my girlfriend and live in Seattle. What a change!

Mileage isn't the longest, but I have never been one for long runs. Right now I am working up to 3 miles per run slowly, but am at 2.5 each run now.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I pm'd him/her, so just waiting for the invite.

My goal is on day one run in morning, then lift at night followed by another run. Next day same, just without the lifting. Then third day is like the first. 4th day is usually rest or one run.

Did this 4 years ago and worked like a charm. However back then I wasnt:p old enough to drink, was new in town (Palm Springs, lived with parents over summer break from college), no girlfriend and weather was easy to run in. Now I am old enough to drink (Happy Hour!), have friends, live with my girlfriend and live in Seattle. What a change!

Mileage isn't the longest, but I have never been one for long runs. Right now I am working up to 3 miles per run slowly, but am at 2.5 each run now.

sounds like a good plan to me. just keep it up. you can be running now, and the miles will still count once you get added

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Anyone here using the Nike+ Sportband?

I'm getting rather fed up with my iPod thinking that the Nike+ adapter isn't plugging in and was thinking that if the Sportband doesn't actually physically connect to anything then it can't think it's not plugged in anymore.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on it for me. Thanks :)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Anyone here using the Nike+ Sportband?

I'm getting rather fed up with my iPod thinking that the Nike+ adapter isn't plugging in and was thinking that if the Sportband doesn't actually physically connect to anything then it can't think it's not plugged in anymore.

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on it for me. Thanks :)

yes, there are several people on here who have the sportsband. i have one, but i hate it, really. it is less accurate than my nano, and the display on the sportsband has already messed up, and does not have a backlight. (so good luck running in the dark)

but some people love it. if it was more accurate, and had a backlight, then i'd use it instead of my nano

beeh

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
did you get an invite?

I may be overlooking something, but how do I check if I got an invite? I've looked through my Nike+ account, all the menus and I don't see any place that talks about "invites".

Can someone tell me where I need to look?

beeh

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
did you get an invite?

you're welcome to join us! just PM ziwi with your nike+ id or email

you need to look under you challenges

This first challenge seems the toughest. :)

I received a bunch of emails for the challenges from ziwi, when I click on them it takes me to Nike+ website, but when I log in and it just lists all the challenges. I try to filter on "MacRumors", "25,000", etc. But do not see them.

When I look in "My Challenges" all I see is "Create Your Own Challenge" and "Browse the Gallery"...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
This first challenge seems the toughest. :)

I received a bunch of emails for the challenges from ziwi, when I click on them it takes me to Nike+ website, but when I log in and it just lists all the challenges. I try to filter on "MacRumors", "25,000", etc. But do not see them.

When I look in "My Challenges" all I see is "Create Your Own Challenge" and "Browse the Gallery"...

i'm not sure what's going on. under "My Challenges", i have current challenges, completed challenges, and if i have an invite, then another tab for those. (i forgot the name)

SDLSteve

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2004
Florida
Is there a way through the ipod program you can share your training? I don't have one but am interested in the potential of using it for training purposes.

deorg

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Miami, Florida
I feel such a slaker when i read post like these of people running ... LOL
anybody have read the post on how to change the battery of your apple + nike reciver...

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Is there a way through the ipod program you can share your training? I don't have one but am interested in the potential of using it for training purposes.

what do you mean by share your training?

I feel such a slaker when i read post like these of people running ... LOL
anybody have read the post on how to change the battery of your apple + nike reciver...

didn't see that post

Applespider

macrumors G4
I thought the only battery was in the sensor - and your iPod will warn you when it gets low (or should do!) I think you can turn it off if you're not planning on using it by pushing the button on the bottom.

I did have a problem a few weeks ago where it suddenly stopped working after only three months (apparently it had been sold long after it was manufactured) but the genius bar kindly swapped me out a new one.

wangweiyun

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2008
I'm from China.

I am sorry that I came here purely out of curiosity, I am not good in English。
:(
I am 20 years old ,I would like to pay some friends to learn English。

Email:wazy18@163.com This is my mailbox, and I would like to make friends of the letter can be.:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.