Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdventurousJosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I just got my iPhone, but I doubt everyones battery drains this fast. Is there a way to see how long the battery lasts? like a menu where it says, "1 hr remaining"..ect? Also, what is average?

Thank you!

Josh

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
I just got my iPhone, but I doubt everyones battery drains this fast. Is there a way to see how long the battery lasts? like a menu where it says, "1 hr remaining"..ect? Also, what is average?

Thank you!

Josh
Things relating to your phone is likely under "settings". I would give that place a shot.

Settings -> General -> Usage

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
No, your in the boat with everyone else and an iphone. I was talking on aim and using safari about the same time for about 40 minutes with a about 90-95% charge, and after i had about 60 percent charge.

To find out if its a bad battery, charge your phone all the way up, and then use the phone all the way down to like 5% left of the battery, and then take a snapshot of your usage.

AdventurousJosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
No, your in the boat with everyone else and an iphone. I was talking on aim and using safari about the same time for about 40 minutes with a about 90-95% charge, and after i had about 60 percent charge.

To find out if its a bad battery, charge your phone all the way up, and then use the phone all the way down to like 5% left of the battery, and then take a snapshot of your usage.

I dont get it, does usage mean how long you HAVE used it, or how long until it dies?? So in order to see how long my bat lasts, I'd need to drain it to like %3 and then go to "usage" correct?

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
I dont get it, does usage mean how long you HAVE used it, or how long until it dies?? So in order to see how long my bat lasts, I'd need to drain it to like %3 and then go to "usage" correct?

I reset my usage everytime i do a full charge. Your usage shows how long your battery stayed charged on standby and actual usage until the next full chage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.