Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeAndBunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I have seen really poor reviews of the new iMovie, so I don't want to buy it at all. But, I would like to save my movies in iMovie HD for Youtube so that the videos will offer the high quality option in Youtube.

Currently, I save my videos in iMovie HD using the CD Rom format, and upload them to Youtube...as this one is the only one that seems to give me acceptable results. But, I would like to tweak the settings manually so that I can get the "watch in high-quality" option in my Youtube video.

Can somone PLEASE help me with this?? I've asked everywhere, but no one seems to know. :eek:(

Thank you,
Bunny

kansai-pj

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
Hi Everyone,

I have seen really poor reviews of the new iMovie, so I don't want to buy it at all. But, I would like to save my movies in iMovie HD for Youtube so that the videos will offer the high quality option in Youtube.

Currently, I save my videos in iMovie HD using the CD Rom format, and upload them to Youtube...as this one is the only one that seems to give me acceptable results. But, I would like to tweak the settings manually so that I can get the "watch in high-quality" option in my Youtube video.

Can somone PLEASE help me with this?? I've asked everywhere, but no one seems to know. :eek:(

Thank you,
Bunny

I also use iMovie HD '06. To make higher quality videos, choose "Share", then select "Quicktime", then select "Expert settings". I have saved movies to mpeg-4 and mov and both are fine on youtube for SHORT videos. However, for videos longer than 4min, there is often a time-lag between the sound and the picture. Other times, several seconds are clipped off the beginning or ending. Not sure how to fix this. Youtube help has not been useful. Have not found higher quality settings that eliminate these problems.

Have found nothing on the web to fix this yet... anyone have any luck?

-PJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.