Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fus3r

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Oak Lawn, IL
Newcomer

Hey guys so I did my very first run today (making the jump from microsoft to apple and started with a zune to the new ipod touch and waiting for the new macbooks!) after finally getting my hands on an armband for the touch. I really would love to join the group but from what I'm seeing Ziwi isn't responding and truth be told I can't find anything about PMing him. sorry for sounding sad but help would be much appreciated.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Hey guys so I did my very first run today (making the jump from microsoft to apple and started with a zune to the new ipod touch and waiting for the new macbooks!) after finally getting my hands on an armband for the touch. I really would love to join the group but from what I'm seeing Ziwi isn't responding and truth be told I can't find anything about PMing him. sorry for sounding sad but help would be much appreciated.

glad to see you're coming over! :)

as far as ziwi, you can find him by searching his username, and then sending him a private message with your nike+ id or email. if he doesn't respond, you can try to do the same on the nike+ forums. hopefully he'll come back soon.

in the meantime, how do you like nike+ on the touch?

Fus3r

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Oak Lawn, IL
glad to see you're coming over! :)

as far as ziwi, you can find him by searching his username, and then sending him a private message with your nike+ id or email. if he doesn't respond, you can try to do the same on the nike+ forums. hopefully he'll come back soon.

in the meantime, how do you like nike+ on the touch?

I'm loving it, had everything but the armband (bought one of those dongles for my shoe because 5 bucks is that much less than 100) until today and first thing I did was stick my iPod in there and off I went. It really is that much more motivating when you can see everything going on and how much you're really doing. I'm a goal oriented kind of guy and that's why I was turned off from running after High School. I have a very easy schedule in college this semester so now is the best time to get in it with the touch. Thanks for the response!

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
so i haven't seen much about nike+ on here lately, and was wondering if others are still interested in this? if people are still interested, we need someone to take over the challenges

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Right now it's too cold to do distance runs and Im doing sprints/hurdles.

ChrisN

when it's colder it is harder to get out there, but you can still do it, even if it's much shorter runs. the key is to keep at it, even if the runs are short.

are you running competitively in sprints/hurdles?

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
when it's colder it is harder to get out there, but you can still do it, even if it's much shorter runs. the key is to keep at it, even if the runs are short.

are you running competitively in sprints/hurdles?

I run hurdles for my high school, I ran yesterday at a league meet but the track was terrible and didn't place.

ChrisN

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I do 55m in winter, 110m and 400m in spring hopefully i'll do better next time

ChrisN

nice. is the 55m indoors or outdoors?

i hope when you train, you warm up and warm down before you do any sprints and hurdles. good luck with it, and let us know if we can help you in any way

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
so i haven't seen much about nike+ on here lately, and was wondering if others are still interested in this? if people are still interested, we need someone to take over the challenges

I agree. Right now I'm training for track and I use Nike+ almost everyday. When track comes around I will just use it on the weekends, but I would love the chance in the summer to kick twood's butt in a challenge! ;)

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I agree. Right now I'm training for track and I use Nike+ almost everyday. When track comes around I will just use it on the weekends, but I would love the chance in the summer to kick twood's butt in a challenge! ;)

haha, i like the attitude there!

so do we want to get the names together and make new challenges for macrumors?

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I just got a pair of Brooks Trance 8 yesterday and they are awesome, I haven't tried them for a run yet but when I was on the treadmill at the store yesterday they were so awesome. What shoes does everyone else run with?

Also, I think I'm gonna start running (distance) again when the weather gets better.

ChrisN

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I just got a pair of Brooks Trance 8 yesterday and they are awesome, I haven't tried them for a run yet but when I was on the treadmill at the store yesterday they were so awesome. What shoes does everyone else run with?

Also, I think I'm gonna start running (distance) again when the weather gets better.

ChrisN

glad to hear that you found a pair of shoes that you really like. that helps out quite a bit.

right now i'm running in asics, but sometimes i run in nike also

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
Tomorrow gametime, Bergen County Relays, shuttle hurdles and I'm pumped but nervous. I think our team has a good chance of placing top ten but you never know; hopefully I do well and so does everyone else!

Anyone else run competitively?

ChrisN

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.