Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wairds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
When I plug the iPod Touch into the mains for charging after a brief time the screen flashes between the battery symbol and the sign-on screen. It also 'buzzes' in time to the flashing. Thinking I might be damaging it I never leave it plugged in and resort to charging it via the USB without any problem.

Has anybody encountered this problem? Am I damaging it if I continue to charge it through the mains?

Regards

vanluuk

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
When I plug the iPod Touch into the mains for charging after a brief time the screen flashes between the battery symbol and the sign-on screen. It also 'buzzes' in time to the flashing. Thinking I might be damaging it I never leave it plugged in and resort to charging it via the USB without any problem.

Has anybody encountered this problem? Am I damaging it if I continue to charge it through the mains?

Regards

the USB port you're using is to weak...

(not enough amps...)

are u using a usb hub or something?

try a direct USB port or a "real" USB charger

wairds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
the USB port you're using is to weak...

(not enough amps...)

are u using a usb hub or something?

try a direct USB port or a "real" USB charger

Vanluuk,

Thanks for your reply. Charging via the USB is not a problem. It is when I attempt to charge it through the AC charger.

vanluuk

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
Vanluuk,

Thanks for your reply. Charging via the USB is not a problem. It is when I attempt to charge it through the AC charger.

ok, i kinda mis-read your post :)

is it a apple charger? , and a USB charger (no firewire) ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.