Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yudi1215

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
Are there any medical applications, such as epocrates, for the iphone?

Thank You

MarkMS

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Yeah, I'm still waiting until Apple opens up the iPhone so they can build Epocrates for it. Other than that, I'm still using Epocrates on my Palm. :(

linshiwen

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2007
I think the only way that would ever happen is if someone developed a palm emulator for the iphone.

Sounds like a good weekend project, eh?

gabberwok

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2007
Medical widgets

Does anyone know of any medical widgets or Web 2.0ish websites out there? Those would probably make an easy addition to the iPhone...

MooseDPM

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
epocrates has built an online version for the iphone. Also, unboundmedicine.com has an iphone version. As far as other things go, I have high hopes that books.app will soon work with my ebooks for medcine.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
epocrates has built an online version for the iphone. Also, unboundmedicine.com has an iphone version. As far as other things go, I have high hopes that books.app will soon work with my ebooks for medcine.

Awesome!

imamac

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
I got tired of looking for medical apps and decided to start writing them. I made a clinical laboratory reference application here:

http://healthwebit.com/labtests

I'm also working on a sort of medical DSS (decision support system), but that's a bit more complicated.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
Check out skyscape.com It says that they have 5 Minute Clinical Consult for the iPhone but I'm not sure if it is really a standalone program that you install into the iPhone (is it possible to install without jailbreaking???). They've had it out for awhile now.

Also, I emailed ePocrates awhile back. They are interested in doing an iPhone version. Now that the SDK is coming out, it will be a reality. I will definitely buy it!!! I've got a ton of CME money left over.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
At least 2 companies

"Heart Imaging Technologies announces medical images delivered to Apple iPhone"
http://www.heartit.com

"Access their actual personal medical records in an iPhone-optimized format"
http://www.medefile.com

Perhaps iPhone version x = tricorder ;)

I can log onto our hospitals intranet and get into the medical records using my iPhone. I haven't tried out the PACs system yet though. It's supposed to install a JAVA based viewer on your PC in order to use it.

Aries326

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2007
What I want to know is how skyscape managed to get their software made without the sdk or how it is installed on a non-jailbreaked phone.

jjb0070

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2007
Actually, I just found this out, and realized why this can't really be hacked- It needs wifi to work. You're basically accessing a website which streams the info, just like that epocrates drug info site. It's not software you install. Boooooo.

DocHo

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2008
iDocTool

Many of you might be interested in the app iDocTool. As a practising anaesthesiologist I must say it is very useful as it emcompasses the classical MedCalc (BMI, Apgar, Cockroft etcetc) but also exactely the notes I never know by heart like CCS, NYHA and so on.

Hope it helps you too.

Cheers Thomas

evands

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2001
Decatur, GA
Hopefully this longtime macrumors' members self-promotion won't offend anyone :) I'd like to point out the medical applications for iPhone & iPod Touch that I've authored which you may find useful:
  • MediMath - Excellent medical calculator, with the best interface of any available program. Please let me know you're a macrumors member if you submit a request!
  • ICD9 Consult - Complete, detailed, searchable reference for ICD9-CM 2009 diagnosis and procedure codes
  • Perfect OB Wheel - Just what it says :)

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Hopefully this longtime macrumors' members self-promotion won't offend anyone :) I'd like to point out the medical applications for iPhone & iPod Touch that I've authored which you may find useful:
  • MediMath - Excellent medical calculator, with the best interface of any available program. Please let me know you're a macrumors member if you submit a request!
  • ICD9 Consult - Complete, detailed, searchable reference for ICD9-CM 2009 diagnosis and procedure codes
  • Perfect OB Wheel - Just what it says :)

Good stuff.. My girlfriend will love you for these.

kanaka

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2002
Here are my iPhone medical apps from DoctorCalc.com:

Medical Calculator is a clinical calculator with dozens of useful formulas and equations.

Normal Lab Values displays reference values to help medical professionals interpret test results.

RSI provides quick access to the rapid sequence intubation (RSI) procedure.

Vaccines shows immunization schedules recommended by the CDC.

Sedation supplies procedural sedation and analgesia information.

Jaundice helps clinicians apply the AAP guidelines for neonatal hyperbilirubinemia.

Medical Abbreviations: 13,000 medical abbreviations in your pocket.

Lab Unit Converter quickly converts lab values between USA units and SI units.

Patient Tracker helps doctors and nurses keep track of information about their patients.

More apps are coming soon!

Dr Lu 2010

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
I just got an email from epocrates saying the full version (essentials) will be coming out in early 2009 for the iphone!

they said it will be 150/year...but if you go to a med school you can most likely get group discounts..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.