Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
Nothing beats the classic design of the MBP.

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1918.JPG

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1929.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

IMG_1933.JPG

This thing is gonna last the test of time. Pure. Elegant. Understated.

Sorry for the random posts, lol. I just started appreciating the things I already have after seeing the new MacBooks (which I thought I was going to crave after them).

P.S. Equipment: Canon IXUS

picture1yz9.png

picture2ak8.png

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Nice post. Mine is a little battered (but was a bargain) and I aim to buy a new case for it.

theenigmat

macrumors member
May 10, 2006
So when I saw the picture of the girl with the camera, my brain immediately went "Holy ****! Maria Sharapova is on MacRumors???"

Then I came back to reality. :-(

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
I love how it's been coined as the MBP Classic so quickly :p

Hivemind in action I guess

(I love my MBP Classic btw, much prefer it to the new MBP's) :D

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
I love the classic MBP and the new MBP (well need to wait for the looks to grow on me), I however do wished that the new MBP will retain the shiny aluminum power button smacked in the middle of the speaker grills. It looks unique and really good :(

desenso

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2005
It's always interesting that whenever Apple refreshes a line with a new look, all the old fogies come out of the woodwork and complain about how they liked the old look better.

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
It's always interesting that whenever Apple refreshes a line with a new look, all the old fogies come out of the woodwork and complain about how they liked the old look better.

Got an example of when? Just curious. Every new line looks nice to me, and outdoes the old one. However in this case, the Classic MBP is still very very nice.

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok

I'm not complaining, I was merely appreciating. By the way, I'm 20 year old, by the way. : )

Nice Photos. Do you happen to have a link for your wallpaper? thanks.

mokeiko

I got the wallpaper from http://www.interfacelift.com Have a look there for loads of other cool stuff for ur Mac. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

I am unsure how the age of a user correlates to their expressing their opinion of one design over another factors. Fact is, I'm not old, to some maybe, but I am not. I love my MB but I have to admit I simply love the aluminum keys of my PB. My MB spacebar is already showing the shinny wear on the right side. It is a dream to type on, but still I love the aluminum keys of the PB as they were classy looking.

Regardless, I found the post to be a random justification for something unknown to many, but if he's happy then he's happy. I happen to think the magnetic latch is the best and the nice little sleep light is classy on the new ones. /shrug

I also didn't really see the post as a complaint. Actually, I don't think the OP had any real specific point.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Still awesome machines!

I am more partial to the Powerbook line, but understand that they needed to carry over that design to make the transition to intel feel more seamless. Either way, it is a design that does not look old, and still highly desirable (especially the 12" powerbook form factor!).

It is a really, really, REALLY good power button. Same on the MacPro.

You mean Powermac G5, which was carried over to the Mac Pro :p .

I am unsure how the age of a user correlates to their expressing their opinion of one design over another factors. Fact is, I'm not old, to some maybe, but I am not. I love my MB but I have to admit I simply love the aluminum keys of my PB. My MB spacebar is already showing the shinny wear on the right side. It is a dream to type on, but still I love the aluminum keys of the PB as they were classy looking.

Regardless, I found the post to be a random justification for something unknown to many, but if he's happy then he's happy. I happen to think the magnetic latch is the best and the nice little sleep light is classy on the new ones. /shrug

I also didn't really see the post as a complaint. Actually, I don't think the OP had any real specific point.

The keys on the old Powerbooks and MBP are not aluminum, they are plastic with a really high quality coating (or paint?). I like them too, along with most every apple design (sorry never liked the Newton eMate line).

image.php

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
I love my Acer Aspire One and my Samsung Camera!

Let's turn this into a "Closeups of my computer" thread! :) Also with a point-and-shoot, but in pretty bad lighting. The sun's falling and the room is mostly lit by low sunlight reflecting off a building outside.

AA1.jpg

Equipment:
samsung-nv20-3_4.jpg

skyrider007

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 5, 2007
Bangkok
Let's turn this into a "Closeups of my computer" thread! :) Also with a point-and-shoot, but in pretty bad lighting. The sun's falling and the room is mostly lit by low sunlight reflecting off a building outside.

Wow!!! Now you made me want that little Samsung netbook!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.