Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:38 AM   #1
raquiros
macrumors member

Arrow ICE Carrier Logo (Costa Rica)

Greetings everyone,

Just in case, and for those who doesn't know, the "Grupo ICE", "ICE", or "ICE Celular" is the mobile service provider for Costa Rica. This post is intended for users who uses this carrier.

I recently made a hack on my iPhone which basically allows an user to change the default ICE carrier name to a custom-made ICE carrier logo, which I believe looks pretty good =).

This hack varies from the normal procedure that can be found on the Internet for carriers such as AT&T, Claro, etc, due to the fact that the "ICE Celular" is currently not listed on the default iPhone carriers list.

The first step that must be done will be add the "ICE Celular" carrier to the iPhone carriers list, so it can detect and assign the carrier logo when the phone is on that network.

After adding the "ICE Celular" to the iPhone carrier list, the two required logos must be uploaded to the phone.

I'm attaching to this post a zip file (Archive.zip) with the following files:

• carriers.plist (Archivo modificado con el ICE Celular para que se agregue a la lista del teléfono)
• Default_CARRIER_ICE Celular.png (Logo con letras negras)
• FSO_CARRIER_ICE Celular.png (Logo con letras blancas)

These three files must be uploaded to the iPhone using SFTP to the following location: /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle

Once the files are copied the iPhone must be restarted. This was tested with firmware 2.1 only, so I can't guarantee it will work the same way in earlier versions.

Following the screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Background.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	142699   Click image for larger version

Name:	White Background.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	142700  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (8.3 KB, 90 views)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 12:49 PM   #2
dalvar3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquiros View Post
Greetings everyone,

Just in case, and for those who doesn't know, the "Grupo ICE", "ICE", or "ICE Celular" is the mobile service provider for Costa Rica. This post is intended for users who uses this carrier.

I recently made a hack on my iPhone which basically allows an user to change the default ICE carrier name to a custom-made ICE carrier logo, which I believe looks pretty good =).

This hack varies from the normal procedure that can be found on the Internet for carriers such as AT&T, Claro, etc, due to the fact that the "ICE Celular" is currently not listed on the default iPhone carriers list.

The first step that must be done will be add the "ICE Celular" carrier to the iPhone carriers list, so it can detect and assign the carrier logo when the phone is on that network.

After adding the "ICE Celular" to the iPhone carrier list, the two required logos must be uploaded to the phone.

I'm attaching to this post a zip file (Archive.zip) with the following files:

• carriers.plist (Archivo modificado con el ICE Celular para que se agregue a la lista del teléfono)
• Default_CARRIER_ICE Celular.png (Logo con letras negras)
• FSO_CARRIER_ICE Celular.png (Logo con letras blancas)

These three files must be uploaded to the iPhone using SFTP to the following location: /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Unknown.bundle

Once the files are copied the iPhone must be restarted. This was tested with firmware 2.1 only, so I can't guarantee it will work the same way in earlier versions.

Following the screenshots:
What about Kolbi ICE? I'm in 4.3.3
dalvar3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2011, 01:04 PM   #3
dalvar3
macrumors newbie

So we will have to stick to Kolbi ICE, that sucks.
dalvar3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks