Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives > Macworld San Francisco 2008

Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:45 PM   #1
SphericalPear
macrumors member

Trying To Fool Us

the SF promotion only happened to show SJ is healthy - for the shareholders, for no one else. this is a scam, don't fall into it. the "innovations" are nothing but cosmetical changes to the same product... never been that amused before!

lol.
SphericalPear is offline   1
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:46 PM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

You had me until you finished your statement with a "lol".
GoCubsGo is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:47 PM   #3
SphericalPear
macrumors member

yeah, i can't believe SJ and apple are that dumb to think that the world doesn't notice their cheap attempt to fool us - that succeeded with most of you though, but i hope mainstream media won't give them a platform for this bogus.
SphericalPear is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Schtumple
macrumors 601

Send a message via Skype™ to Schtumple
Sorry what?

Have I missed something here? Or is that the whole point...

<conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy>
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:49 PM   #5
SphericalPear
macrumors member

the lol was that i myself got trapped by SJ and his corporate strategists - get him to smile and jump in front of thousands of cameras, and the shareholders' worries are settled. at the expense of us - wasted excitement from our side.

but let's stop pretending there have been any significant adds to the ipod lines. the touch didn't get anywhere close to the iphone. the "thinnest" ipod ever is, in return, longer/bigger than the old one...

Last edited by devilot; Sep 9, 2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Please do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters, thanks
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:51 PM   #6
SphericalPear
macrumors member

explanation: one of the first thing SJ said was that he's healthy - the press had spread rumors about his being very, very sick,and then the bloomberg death message... sorry, it's all to clear that this "event" was nothing but showing SJ is healthy. he otherwise wouldn't present this lame, minor updates himself. and then apple pretended there'd be a "big thing" coming. this is the lamest apple event featuring SJ (!) in years.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:53 PM   #7
Schtumple
macrumors 601

Send a message via Skype™ to Schtumple
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphericalPear View Post
explanation: one of the first thing SJ said was that he's healthy - the press had spread rumors about his being very, very sick,and then the bloomberg death message... sorry, it's all to clear that this "event" was nothing but showing SJ is healthy. he otherwise wouldn't present this lame, minor updates himself. and then apple pretended there'd be a "big thing" coming. this is the lamest apple event featuring SJ (!) in years.
Or, it was the regular "Releasing new iPods for the holiday season" event that they've done for what 3 years in a row now?
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:56 PM   #8
SphericalPear
macrumors member

no, this time, they advertised it like CRAZY. look at the rumors - pretending that there was "something else" and that it was a big thing - apple lost part of their credibility with that bogus.

i had friends sitting in the event and they said that people left halfway through, and that people were yawning and annoyed at the gradual slight cosmetic uplifts, but little change to the hardware/substance.

even SJ seemed fakely excited this time...
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:58 PM   #9
Trajectory
Banned

Quote:
explanation: one of the first thing SJ said was that he's healthy...
I don't really think this event will change that perception. Based on the nice photos Engadget was posting, Steve still looks sickly and rail-thin. His health is clearly fragile.
Trajectory is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 01:59 PM   #10
dlichtdotcom
macrumors newbie

He does look sick though IMHO...thinner...just like the iphones and ipods...pretty disappointed by today's presentation
dlichtdotcom is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:05 PM   #11
SphericalPear
macrumors member

he was jumping and emphasizing his health.

what he presented would not have merited him being there - two slight design changes, no hardware improvements beyond (lol) a motion sensor.

sorry, wake me up for a real event, SJ. in the meantime, rather send out your doctors' reports instead of bllshtting us.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:07 PM   #12
plinden
macrumors 68040

Quote:
no, this time, they advertised it like CRAZY. look at the rumors - pretending that there was "something else" and that it was a big thing - apple lost part of their credibility with that bogus...
Actually, all Apple did was send out the invites. I don't think I saw an advert anywhere ... did you? But everyone else spun it up into a frenzy. Like every other Apple event.

This wasn't a bad event. Everything was just leaked beforehand.

Remember the special event for the iPod Hi-Fi?

Edit: by the way, why is this in the Macworld 2008 forum?
plinden is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:29 PM   #13
swagi
macrumors 6502a

Exactly...

Quote:
the SF promotion only happened to show SJ is healthy - for the shareholders, for no one else. this is a scam, don't fall into it. the "innovations" are nothing but cosmetical changes to the same product... never been that amused before!

lol.
Guess that's why the stock got hit hard now

Besides the fact that the event sucked big time, at least NBC is back and we can have 15 minutes of MWSF2009 talking about how cool Genius is...
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:34 PM   #14
Queso
macrumors 603

Apple have done these small events in September for a few years now, and SJ normally presents them. They mark the start of the product refresh before "the holidays" as you Yanks refer to November onwards. If anyone got the impression this event would be anything more it's because they themselves projected things onto it that were never there in the first place.
Queso is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 02:50 PM   #15
Sam Yikin
macrumors regular

Hahhahhah, thanks, this thread is good laugh.
Apple didn't announce what you wanted so its automatically a conspiracy? Funny.
Sam Yikin is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 03:49 PM   #16
229dan229
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Yikin View Post
Hahhahhah, thanks, this thread is good laugh.
Apple didn't announce what you wanted so its automatically a conspiracy? Funny.
actually couldnt agree more.

ever heard of just saying something they have done is good? :O
229dan229 is offline   0
Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:17 PM   #17
sushi
Moderator emeritus

Reading this thread amaze me.

So many unrealistic expectations. And when they didn't occur, anger.

The new Nano is nice. New features on the Touch are nice (curved, volume control, speaker).
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:01 PM   #18
kaiwai
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kaiwai Send a message via MSN to kaiwai Send a message via Yahoo to kaiwai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post
I don't really think this event will change that perception. Based on the nice photos Engadget was posting, Steve still looks sickly and rail-thin. His health is clearly fragile.
Pardon? 'rail-thin' - he looks almost like my old man, except my old man has more hair on his head. I don't know why American assume he is 'rail-thin' because any other part of the world he would be considered 'slim' to average.
kaiwai is offline   0
Old Nov 10, 2008, 07:57 AM   #19
vramos11
macrumors newbie

Rail Thin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiwai View Post
Pardon? 'rail-thin' - he looks almost like my old man, except my old man has more hair on his head. I don't know why American assume he is 'rail-thin' because any other part of the world he would be considered 'slim' to average.
If SJ is thin on TV he is 'rail thin' in person. TV adds up to 20lbs. to your weight. Some of the actors we most admire on the various medias turn out to be short and bone thin in person. Just my two-pence.
vramos11 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives > Macworld San Francisco 2008