Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

detz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Sorry, I don't own one but as a developer it's something that I'm curious about. If the iPod Touch does not vibrate I will have to think of another way to alert the user. :D

iAppleONE

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
well to be honest it kinda does, when you max the volume the back metal plate does vibrate .... :D

mrdonnelly

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2008
Well a nuclear physicist would say the opposite. When at 0K the atoms of the iPod touch would not be vibrating at all (no energy) :p

lmao. True.
But the iPod touch doesn't vibrate, the iPhone does.
When the speaker is at max, there is a slight hint of vibration.

kwk1

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
Canada
Well, hahahaha I just cracked up!:p

I was playing Texas Holdem and I thought I saw a button for vibrate.
Never tried it out though.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I was playing Texas Holdem and I thought I saw a button for vibrate.
Never tried it out though.

Yeah, there's an option for it in the Facebook app too. It'd just be there for people with an iPhone.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
i guess in theory you culd have it play the lowest note that the speaker can play and then it wont be audible to humans but will still vibrate

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
i guess in theory you culd have it play the lowest note that the speaker can play and then it wont be audible to humans but will still vibrate

The volume has to be turned up really loud (as in, between almost full and full) for it to start vibrating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.