Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shallnotfalter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
I've been looking for a case for my MacBook (13")

I don't really want a hard case, since they're really expensive and they can scratch up your computer, anyway. At least, that's what I've read.

So I found this silicone case for MacBooks, but you have to order it in bulk? Here's a picture:
P11582370347686843m.jpg

It's like the stretchy silicone cases you can get for your iPod. Does anyone know where they can find one of these? Thanks!

klymr

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2007
Utah
No idea where, but if I could find an orange one for my 17" MBP, I'd probably buy it. Maybe I'll go stop by the iFrogz company office this week and tell them to start making them. Hmmm...

cml8895

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
I am with you!!! I have been going crazy trying to find something like this. Apparently they are all over China.. here is one Chinese website that has a lot...

http://www.notebookcase.com.cn/skin.asp?picid=notebook

But, you have to buy in bulk, like 300. If I had the money I would totally do it and sell em in the U.S., because I don't think anyone currently is haha, but you're not the only one!! If you find anything let me know, and I will as well. Take care!

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I never really understood why people would want a case like this for their laptop. I don't think it looks good, and in fact makes the MacBooks and MacBook Pros look bad. Sure, you won't get stains, fingerprints and keyboard debris, but is that really so bad? I had an iSkin for the first iPod I owned. Used it for some time, but decided it was more frustrating than useful. Stopped using it, and have never again used a sleeve/case for any iPod. Same will go for the MacBook I'm about to buy come October 14th. It's really more frustrating than useful, in my opinion. But then again, that's just me...

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
13" macbook silicone body/keyboard case on this site

Bought a case from this company and it works well. Sticks on like it should and protects it from scratches and does not crack compared to the hard shell cases I had previously. Fast Shipping as well.

Brookie050

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
Where to Purchase Silicone Case

Hello, I have been in contact with the company and they have 13" Silicone case's for Macbook's...to cover the entire macbook not just the keyboard! the URL is http://caselogic.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2429985

Good luck! The company said that they will be coming out with 15" Silicone cases soon...Just thought I would let you know!

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
I can't add much knowledge to the conversation but why not try an invisible shield? Thinner, not as rubber, won't collect lint, and keeps your macbook looking sweet!

cml8895

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2007
Hello, I have been in contact with the company and they have 13" Silicone case's for Macbook's...to cover the entire macbook not just the keyboard! the URL is http://caselogic.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2429985

Good luck! The company said that they will be coming out with 15" Silicone cases soon...Just thought I would let you know!

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Wow I was just randomly on here, haven't looked into this for ever a year and I can't believe I just got a response. I went to the site and I see they have clear, green, and pink but I don't see any options to select a color other than the clear. Any advice? AGAIN THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!! Just wish I would have gotten one sooner, for as I feared, my top case cracked again :(

Brookie050

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
Response to cml8895

Hey about the slim choices in colors, the person selling the cases can be contacted and he does respond back very quickly, I would suggest e-mailing him to see if he can get you the color you would like. I am not 100% sure he would do that but worth a try his e-mail address is on that link that I posted earlier (extremedeals111@yahoo.com) Good Luck.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Bought a case from this company and it works well. Sticks on like it should and protects it from scratches and does not crack compared to the hard shell cases I had previously. Fast Shipping as well.

Thanks for the info. Do they fit pretty well? I just want it to be relatively snug so it's not loose with creases, etc.

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
**Update, New cases will be availble for the 13" and 15" pro in a few weeks**

I am the owner of the site

http://caselogic.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2429985

I am in producing of new and improved cases for apple macbook 13" and 15" pro series. I do not come on here often but just want to update you guys on the production. There are going to be new colors available in Clear White, Red, Blue, Green, and Pink. Please submit a email to my address at support@novacases.com or casetastic@gmail.com if you would like to order one. When the new shipment comes in I can send you a email as I check my email everyday. The new cases will look like the one on

http://caselogic.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2429985

but with improved rubber material that helps prevent it from over heating as well as protect the whole body of the Apple Macbook. The newly impoved skin will not overheat your macbook and the same time protect it from all types of damages, scratches, spills, and marks. The Keyboard will be snuggle tight as well as the rest of the case. Please send me a email at either support@novacases.com or casetastic@gmail.com and I will reply the same day. Thank You guys.

P.S- Any ideas on how I can improve it please let me know and I will address the issues with my team and work to develop on a solution to your issues. Thanks.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the update! I don't have a MacBook anymore but have a 15" MBP (older gen), so am looking forward to seeing that case available. Do you know when the new cases will be available?

Thanks

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
Thanks for the update! I don't have a MacBook anymore but have a 15" MBP (older gen), so am looking forward to seeing that case available. Do you know when the new cases will be available?

Thanks

Hello Madmaxmedia. The cases should be available next month? It is still in the production phase. I will def keep you updated. I am not sure it will support the 15" mac books from the previous gen, as it is designed for the 15" pro. Do more people have the pro or the previous gen versions? how many different versions of macbooks do they currently have for the 13 and 15" ? any info that can help make things better is most appreciated. Thanks.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Just to make sure there is no confusion, for the 15" model-

There is the current unibody MacBook Pro.

Then there are a few revisions of the previous MacBook Pro, which has an aluminum body but is not unibody. All of the different revisions looked the same, but there might be a couple of small but significant physical differences. For example, I know at one point they added a Firewire 800 port, so that would be an extra hole needed in a silicone case. Or you might be able to design a universal case for the previous MacBook Pro design (have holes for all possible ports.)

http://www.Apple-history.com has a pretty good rundown of the different revisions, and changes made to each revision. I don't think there were any changes in the physical dimensions of the previous-gen 15" MacBook Pro.

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
Just to make sure there is no confusion, for the 15" model-

There is the current unibody MacBook Pro.

Then there are a few revisions of the previous MacBook Pro, which has an aluminum body but is not unibody. All of the different revisions looked the same, but there might be a couple of small but significant physical differences. For example, I know at one point they added a Firewire 800 port, so that would be an extra hole needed in a silicone case. Or you might be able to design a universal case for the previous MacBook Pro design (have holes for all possible ports.)

http://www.Apple-history.com has a pretty good rundown of the different revisions, and changes made to each revision. I don't think there were any changes in the physical dimensions of the previous-gen 15" MacBook Pro.

Thanks Maxmediaman. I will be looking into that and seeing what type issues I can fix. One main focus I have is the heat when the case is on the Apple macbooks. What do you suggest or any other readers on here suggest the case should be built like to prevent overheating? I am going to be constructing the case to prevent overheating the laptop. If you guys can give me some tips on where the case should NOT cover I would appreciate it. Thank you maxmediaman and everyone on here.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
That's a really good point about the heat. You may want to create a post asking MBP owners which spots get the hottest, and try to design accordingly.

IIRC certain areas tend to get hotter, in those areas maybe you would need some cut out lines to help dissipate heat, or something like that.

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
That's a really good point about the heat. You may want to create a post asking MBP owners which spots get the hottest, and try to design accordingly.

IIRC certain areas tend to get hotter, in those areas maybe you would need some cut out lines to help dissipate heat, or something like that.

I have made sure that case does not cover up the areas where the fans dissipate the heat. That was one of the major issues I looked out so there will be areas where it is cut out to prevent overheating which I believe will really make a big difference. If you can give me any more tips such as color choice, design,etc..I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
About the only thing I can think of regarding color/design is to keep it simple, and start with clear/white as the first color. That seems to be the most basic (vs. say pink or blue.)

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
**Update Apple Macbook 13" cases will be in stock in two weeks. Pink and White. **

Hello I just want to let you guys know I am going to be receiving a new stock of cases from my supplier in two weeks for the white and pink cases. I only will have 25 in white and 25 in pink so I do not have a lot. If you are interested in pre-ordering them just email me again at support@novacases.com or novacases@gmail.com. I will reply same day and get back to you if you have any questions. Thank You.

casetastic

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2008
USA
**New Stock of Rubber Cases available. Include keyboard/trackpad silicone + LCD **

We have received a new stock of rubber coated cases available in Pink, Dark purple, Blue, Red, and Black. All cases come with keyboard/trackpad protector as well as a LCD protector for your screen. For 13" Apple Macbooks. We are developing new Apple Macbook 13 and 15" pro at the moment. Will update when it is ready. Thanks!

alphadog111

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
I was interested in the apple silicone case as well for my apple macbook pro 13" but after talking with one of the reps at the store they advised me that the silicone case is currently in production. They did lead me to another rubber case which was really good as well. The case has a very nice rubber material and comes in a variety of colors such as Pink, Blue, Red, Purple, and Black. If you need a case these rubber cases will do very well in the mean time. It is worth the price I paid for which was $39.99 plus free 2 day express shipping. You get a free keyboard and lcd protector as well. Hopefully this can help any one looking for alternative case. :)

**Use Coupon code HOLIDAY25 you get 5% off your entire order**

Apple Macbook Pro 13" Rubber Case
http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Infin...Rubber_Case_for_Apple_Macbook_Pro_13___FREE_E

Apple Macbook Pro 13" and 15" Silicone Body Case can be found here for any one interested.
-13" - http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Infin...ilicone_Body_Case_for_Apple_Macbook_Pro_13___
-15" - http://www.bonanza.com/booths/Infin..._Silicone_Body_Case_for_Apple_Macbook_Pro_15_

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.