Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreamer1508

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Okay, I have this black macbook.. I got it back in June 2008. It's been awesome. But I want to disable the guest account because no one is using my laptop except me. I tried to disable it but checking the box, I checked it and closed out of the window. and when I went back to it, it said log on only, I kept doing this and on my log on screen there is this user that says Other. I tried going into advanced options and it will not let me enter that window....

I think that someone deleted that information that was in there...so I think I am lock out of the guest account because It won't let me log on.

so what do I do?:mad:

molala

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Cambridge, UK
Okay, I have this black macbook.. I got it back in June 2008. It's been awesome. But I want to disable the guest account because no one is using my laptop except me. I tried to disable it but checking the box, I checked it and closed out of the window. and when I went back to it, it said log on only, I kept doing this and on my log on screen there is this user that says Other. I tried going into advanced options and it will not let me enter that window....

I think that someone deleted that information that was in there...so I think I am lock out of the guest account because It won't let me log on.

so what do I do?:mad:

You need to go to System Preferences --> Accounts. Click the padlock to make changes. It will ask for an admin password. Then you can disable the guest account on there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.