Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I spend so much time getting all this nice album art for my iTunes library but when I sync my ipods (touch and nano), not all of the album art syncs. I didn't buy these songs off of iTunes so I needed to manually find the album arts that were missing. Does anybody know why some album art doesn't sync?

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Are you sure you put it on all songs? If you grab the songs from cover flow, for example, it looks like you added the art to all the songs on an album, but it actually only adds it to the first song. Make sure you select all of them in list view.

maclook

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
I feel like I did everything right because my iTunes cover flow (on my computer) looks great with all the albums properly organized with the album art displayed (that I manually added). My iPod coverflow is the exact same except for missing album art which is aggravating because cover flow is all about the album art....

Also, I change the info of the all the songs in the album so that they have matching album artists and album name to assure that iTunes knows that they all belong to the same album

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I feel like I did everything right because my iTunes cover flow (on my computer) looks great with all the albums properly organized with the album art displayed (that I manually added). My iPod coverflow is the exact same except for missing album art which is aggravating because cover flow is all about the album art....

Also, I change the info of the all the songs in the album so that they have matching album artists and album name to assure that iTunes knows that they all belong to the same album

iTunes, as far as I know, has no feature to manually batch-add Album Art aside from methods involving shift-clicking. You either do it automatically, or do it by song. If you want to add the same image to a bunch of songs, you have to select all of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.