Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
Today while I was listening to music with the iPhone speakers, i covered one of the two speakers on the bottom and noticed that the sound that was coming out was very faint and nothing compared to the volume the other speaker was producing.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem, I just noticed this but I am sure it has been the same since the first day because I always thought the external volume was too low.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
Today while I was listening to music with the iPhone speakers, i covered one of the two speakers on the bottom and noticed that the sound that was coming out was very faint and nothing compared to the volume the other speaker was producing.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem, I just noticed this but I am sure it has been the same since the first day because I always thought the external volume was too low.

I may be wrong, but there is only one speaker on the iPhone. the bottom left is a speaker, the right is a mic.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N

Left - speaker
Right - microphone

Check out the iPhone manual at http://apple.com/support/manuals/iphone

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Well I would've read the manual if my iPhone CAME with one... :rolleyes:

Or, since I recognize that it wastes paper and trees to print manuals that no one reads, a notification when you first turn on the iPhone that hey, you can find out all kinds of neat stuff if you view the manual online by following this link... you can even read it ON the phone. :)

Zandian

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2006
It is cool though that you are hearing sound out of the microphone. Have to check that one :)

Zandian

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3)

ecks618 said:
Heh, I feel like a noob, thanks

Who reads manuals anyway :)

Don't worry a similar thing happened to me. Then I remembered the iphone external description on apple's website. :)

kevcarm

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2008
Actually...

Don't feel too stupid, because the original iphone did in fact have two speakers. If you held your finger over one side, you'd hear music from both sides, but on the 3G, you only hear music from the left side.

jakejj7

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
Same Problem

i've been experiencing the same exact problem. I'm going to my AT&T Store today to see if there is anything i can do, or to just get a new phone.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
i've been experiencing the same exact problem. I'm going to my AT&T Store today to see if there is anything i can do, or to just get a new phone.
If this isn't sarcasm, then your first post is a major FAIL.
1 bonus point for searching though. :D

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
105rtw9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.