Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomaskaufmanas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
hey there.

i really love the program PIVOT.
but i can´t find a version for mac.... do anyone know where to download pivot for mac?? (i don´t care about the version).

-thomaskaufmanas

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
the stickman animator? It is not for mac.

You have to run Windows on the mac via Parallels, boot camp, or other software -- or you can run Darwine which simulated a windows environment on the mac. Darwine works for pivot, as I have tried it in the past. It failed to work for other programs like word 2002, and Ares. That's about as far as I went with it.

thomaskaufmanas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2008
sticfigure

i saw a place (brothersoft.com) where it was possible to get it for about 199 dollars.... do you know if there is a place to get it for free??

i.shaun

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2008
Canada
Darwine is free

Parallels desktop is not, VMware Fusion I don't think is free either. Boot Camp is only on Mac OS X 10.5+ (Leopard)

I tried Darwine, and it worked with Pivot. You also need X11 to run with Darwine. X11 can be installed from the OS X Install Discs.

StykzMan

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2008
Try Stykz instead!

hey there.

but i can´t find a version for mac.... do anyone know where to download pivot for mac?? (i don´t care about the version).

Pivot is Windows only, but Stykz (which was just released today) is a free, multi-platform stick figure animation tool that is very much like Pivot, but adds some really cool features to the mix. The Public Beta for Mac is available for download, with the 1.0 release coming in a few months along with Windows and Linux versions. If you're interested, check out http://www.stykz.net.

SeverinK

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Stykz?

There is something called styckz or stykz try googling that:)

EDIT:
The "official" (as i heard it was) version of pivot for mac is the dimp animator http://hyzkia.com/dimp

Hope that helps you! :)

aaronmsmith

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
i know how to

hey there.

-thomaskaufmanas

um well what you have you do is first you download the parallel desktop soft ware and then you simply go on to windows and use what ever you need. -aaronmsmith-

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
A place
um well what you have you do is first you download the parallel desktop soft ware and then you simply go on to windows and use what ever you need. -aaronmsmith-
But its not free, so its a no go. Just go to stykz and get that. I tried it and its better than pivot IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.