Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Yup bit the bullet and bought one on amazon for 2430 (without counting the 50 rebate). Anyway, I bought the 1.83 ghz ssd, 128gb of space. THIS THIS IS FAST!!!!

LOL I love how all the apps take like 2 seconds or less to launch. That crazy!!! Compared to my old rev A with 80gb hd. I can't believe the processor is only 1.83, but I've used a macbook 2.16, regular macbook 2.16, and an imac 2.0. This thing is faster than all of them, of course due to the ssd, but still, that's pretty amazing!

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
What's that? I don't think so. Does it degrade and result in the problem or does it ship with it? Looks find to me. Knock on wood.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Is it super noticeable? How do I check or is it one of those things that if you had it you know???

Also, I bought it from the Amazon US. It shipped form a city in Illinois. Really happy with the snappyness of this Computer.

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Usually if you don't know what it means, then you got the good one.

If you see this at any moment,
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/6603546/

or see this image in full size flickering,
http://www.keithstravels.com/travelog/photos/desktopsplit-loginscreen.jpg

you got a bad one.

I just figured my rev A does flicker on the 1/3 of the right side of the display and slightly on the 1/3 of the left as well... (Somehow the middle isn't affected.)
Never figured it would and never noticed on other uses.

McGilli

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
TO THE OP : just enjoy your machine and don't go looking really, really hard for the lines on your monitor.....

Ironic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2008
In my MBA!
I didnt want to scare you just wondering if you got a good one you would have notice by now, congrats on a perfect MBA

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i owned the rev A. it has a better screen compared to the rev B i just bought. the rev B has thin horizontal lines in white color area. it sucks. but i live with it, since then the thin lines aren't bugging me anymore because it's barely visible. it's not noticable if you are not looking for it.

so i just enjoy the freakin fast rev B with SSD! woosssssh!!!!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.