Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
They don't make them like this anymore. I don't think you can buy these anymore as I bought this in 1998 but never had a laptop that suited it. As you can see it's perfect for the Air.

Picked this up from Computer City on Route 7 in NoVA for about $20

Attachments

• IMG_0517.jpg
    IMG_0517.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 135

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

The thing I admire is the width of the velcro which allows it to accomodate other sizes. It would probably accomodate a MacBook too so overall it's a clever design because you aren't forced to take up space when it's not being used.

don't mean no disrespect or anything but I got to say this:

ultra kitch.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
I love this sleeve:
white1.jpg

white4.jpg

When you carry it around most have no clue what it is. I like that. When some one asks, and you say your laptop, they say "What?". Then you pull out the Air and they are like "Holy Crap!". :)
I don't need to take the power supply with me as the battery in mine lasts 3-4 hrs of use.

steffi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
That's nice as is the Incase black sleeve which I have also and will probably use in conjunction with the pictured bag/sleeve just to give it some added padding.

I love this sleeve:
white1.jpg

white4.jpg

When you carry it around most have no clue what it is. I like that. When some one asks, and you say your laptop, they say "What?". Then you pull out the Air and they are like "Holy Crap!". :)
I don't need to take the power supply with me as the battery in mine lasts 3-4 hrs of use.

jackfrost123

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
@steffi, like I said didn't mean to insult your taste in anyway, to each his own, I can see the wonderful functionality your bag provides.

hey mh, and bb, beautiful, beautiful sleeves these ones. Care anwering a couple of questions?

a. How pressure, strain resistant are these sleeves? Do they offer enough protection to the air if placed in a tight backpack with ipods books etc, or do you need a special bag too?

b. would the air within a case ( a speck one say) fit in the sleeve too? I am thinking of the extra case for extra protection.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
jackfrost123,

The CivilianLabs sleeve is fees extremely expensive and it is kind of expensive lol but it is really well made and just premium product.

It has some space to MAYBE fit the MBA with the speck case, I am not sure since I never bothered using that junk.

It is sturdy and would protect your Air while being inside a bag for sure. I take it outside without a bag but I would never trust to drop it :D

bigglesinc

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2008
Been using one of these and I'm quite impressed with it. Not so much a case but does give that little bit of protection and being bright red means I don't tend to forget it.

31nY%2BoFv5YL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

LINK on amazon.co.uk

descartes

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2006
I love this sleeve:
white1.jpg

white4.jpg

nice i like the white.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
That's a bag I've never seen before. Wenger doesn't list it on their site either. I imagine there's no room for a magsafe?

It doesn't look like it from the pictures, unfortunately, but I've never seen one in person myself. I do think it's a wonderfully stealthy case for the Air, though. You could totally take it into a meeting and no one would ever guess there's a computer in that since it looks like any other standard folio meant for folders and papers...

jackfrost123

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
It doesn't look like it from the pictures, unfortunately, but I've never seen one in person myself. I do think it's a wonderfully stealthy case for the Air, though. You could totally take it into a meeting and no one would ever guess there's a computer in that since it looks like any other standard folio meant for folders and papers...

which is such a hug plus security and safetywise sometimes.

jackfrost123

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
do you guys think that such types of sleeves suffice for the air to go in the bag or do you need possibly an extra protection in terms of plastic case or something, esp. for long travels on the plain where you might lug it around with other baggage and put it on top shelves in airplanes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.