Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
Hey! I'm having a hard time finding a nice over-ear headphones that will work with the iphone, that has a microphone and iphone controls.....

Do you guys know of any, that are any good? They don't necessarily have to have the iphone controls on them.... but i would like them to at least have a microphone in the wire so I can answer the call using the iphone itself while listening to music.

If you have any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
You know I actually just saw that you put over the ears, sorry about that.

Bose makes a set that are what you want and if you wanted to use an existing set of phones that you have you could by a mic adapter like the one from Shure or Griffin.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
You know I actually just saw that you put over the ears, sorry about that.

Bose makes a set that are what you want and if you wanted to use an existing set of phones that you have you could by a mic adapter like the one from Shure or Griffin.

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever used the bose ones? I read a review that said they were cheaply made.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I got a pair of Bose On Ear from my wife and bought the mic kit from Bose for it, the cable coule be thicker in my opinion but they actually are pretty durable I use them almost daily and haven't had any issues and my eight year old has been found bopping around teh house on more than one occasion with them on. It's my understanding that the Triport/Over Ear have been prone to breakage.

Bose is really one of those companies that people either love or hate or love to hate. I don't mind them, I've got a pair of old 201's and a set of media mate speakers that have served me well for 10+ and 6+ years respectively.

nimda0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
D-town!
I got a pair of Bose On Ear from my wife and bought the mic kit from Bose for it, the cable coule be thicker in my opinion but they actually are pretty durable I use them almost daily and haven't had any issues and my eight year old has been found bopping around teh house on more than one occasion with them on. It's my understanding that the Triport/Over Ear have been prone to breakage.

Bose is really one of those companies that people either love or hate or love to hate. I don't mind them, I've got a pair of old 201's and a set of media mate speakers that have served me well for 10+ and 6+ years respectively.

Mic kit? whats that? can you get that for any bose headphones?

AnDi86

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2007
Ballymoney N.Ireland
Pure looking something similar, would go a bit more price wise... Did you get sorted? Maybe £150

I would love a set of the Beats by Dr. Dre but they are wayyy to expensive for me?!

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Bosman

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2008
Wood headphones I will own!

Here is a link to the sweetest and more unique headphones i have found. Currently the iPhone version with inline mic is in product testing and development but i asked them to put me on the list to be notified when they go up for sale!
http://www.thinksound.bigcartel.com/product/thunder

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-22 at 11.46.43 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-02-22 at 11.46.43 AM.png
    203 KB · Views: 217

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Here is a link to the sweetest and more unique headphones i have found. Currently the iPhone version with inline mic is in product testing and development but i asked them to put me on the list to be notified when they go up for sale!
http://www.thinksound.bigcartel.com/product/thunder

These are nice headphones and I recommend them.

As for over ear, I don't know of any with a mic adapter. If you don't mind the big guys, the Shure SRH440 is about the price (and will match or beat your Beats for sound quality), closed headphones with good isolation and still leaves you with money for an adapter. If you don't need to be isolated from the environment around you then the Alessandro MS1i is highly recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.