Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
is there any way to disable movies from being added to the Recently Added playlist? i can't uncheck them because then they won't be on my :apple:TV.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
is there any way to disable movies from being added to the Recently Added playlist? i can't uncheck them because then they won't be on my :apple:TV.

Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Sorry... can you clarify this? You either want the movie or you don't. Why wouldn't you want a movie to show up in a recently added play list? Is it a gift?

Anyway, you can delete the item from the list and still add it to another playlist later on. For that matter, you can delete the "recently added" playlist altogether.

Yeah the simplest route is just to edit the Recently Added Smart Playlist and add something like "Kind does not contain video", but that would also exclude Music Videos.

B

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008

i want the movie but i don't want it in the Recently Added playlist because when i sync my iPod it will add the movie audio to my iPod in the playlist but i don't want it there. sorry for the confusion and thanks for the solution.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
i want the movie but i don't want it in the Recently Added playlist because when i sync my iPod it will add the movie audio to my iPod in the playlist but i don't want it there. sorry for the confusion and thanks for the solution.

Ok. That makes sense.

What you want to do is go to the movie tab when you connect your ipod and only check playlists you want to synch. For my touch I have created a playlist called movies2synch. I make sure I only have the movies I want to take with me in that list, or none at all. It's really about managing your lists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.