Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Torley

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
On the Windows side, I like to right-click and "Send To" — except I'd usually prefer it *moves* selected files instead of copies.

Is there a Mac utility where I can right-click and move to configurable folders? It looks like the only "folder" by default is the Trash ("Move to Trash").

I know there's the left-hand collapsible pane with Places, but I don't want to clutter it up with too many folders that I could neatly tuck into a contextual menu.

Thanks in advance. :)

MHardee

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2008
On the Windows side, I like to right-click and "Send To" — except I'd usually prefer it *moves* selected files instead of copies.

Is there a Mac utility where I can right-click and move to configurable folders? It looks like the only "folder" by default is the Trash ("Move to Trash").

I know there's the left-hand collapsible pane with Places, but I don't want to clutter it up with too many folders that I could neatly tuck into a contextual menu.

Thanks in advance. :)

Command-Drag the file to new destination MOVEs it...
Option-Drag Copies it..

Torley

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks, I know this — but I'm looking for a way to move into specific, preset folders. Any ideas?

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Thanks, I know this — but I'm looking for a way to move into specific, preset folders. Any ideas?

An automator action for each preset folder, saved as a plug-in for Finder, should solve this

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 96
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.