Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RJ17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I am in Milwaukee, WI. Anybody else having issues this morning?

rehingd

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
Edge outage in southern NJ

I'm about 30 miles south of Philadelphia, in southern NJ. Edge is down this morning.

Briareus

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
Might be down in NYC, too. I have full bars and an E on my first generation iPhone, but when I try to use Safari or e-mail, I get the "Cannot connect to cellular data network" message.

Anyone know of a website or other way from which I can confirm the EDGE network status?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
Still working just outside of Chicago. I'm hearing from other people that they're having issues just a few miles away from me...

rehingd

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
Related to Macworld? Coincidence? The tethering rumor is the only thing I can think of that would be a reasonable connection.

Goomba415

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
Edge has been down in Queens, NY (20 mins west of NYC) since 7:30 AM. Just got off the phone with AT&T CS and they stated that the NYC area has had voice and data issues since yesterday and that they are trying to resolve the issue. It is a network problem that is currently being worked on.

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
don't know if this helps, girl at work here said her STORM is failing when trying to send txt msg...

Airwalk

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
I'm in the middle of NJ, and my internet isn't working as well. Anyone have any word on what is going on?

Sucks for them that this happens on the day of Mac world.
:cool:

Briareus

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
Edge has been down in Queens, NY (20 mins west of NYC) since 7:30 AM. Just got off the phone with AT&T CS and they stated that the NYC area has had voice and data issues since yesterday and that they are trying to resolve the issue. It is a network problem that is currently being worked on.

Thanks for biting the bullet and calling CS. I wouldn't have had the patience for it.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
don't know if this helps, girl at work here said her STORM is failing when trying to send txt msg...

From my own experience...Verizon has worse service than at&t in a lot of areas so it's not surprising :p I had friends who lived near a Verizon tower and they got no reception.

Airwalk

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2009
From my own experience...Verizon has worse service than at&t in a lot of areas so it's not surprising :p I had friends who lived near a Verizon tower and they got no reception.

2nd!
I had Verizon for years before switching. I have better service with at&t!

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
It's down here too in sothern New Hampshire. Both EDGE and 3G are down.

"Could not activate cellular data network"

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
The wife has been having issues since yesterday.

The phone actually started displaying Russian and at some point came up with the "Your phone has been activated" pop up last night.

I wonder what they are doing?

Could it be an AT&T release for something to be announced today?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.