Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lozzy1234567890

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
say if your MacBook broke, and you took it to the store, and they do not have any refurbished or new Macbooks 2.4 whites, and the broken MacBook broke beyond repair, do apple, IF they decide to give you one, do they have to give you a 2.4 model, not the 2.0 one?:confused:

Theophany

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
NW London.
say if your MacBook broke, and you took it to the store, and they do not have any refurbished or new Macbooks 2.4 whites, and the broken MacBook broke beyond repair, do apple, IF they decide to give you one, do they have to give you a 2.4 model, not the 2.0 one?:confused:

Entirely dependent on a number of factors. Is the machine under warranty? Was the damage caused by the user? Assuming it was as broken as you have detailed, I would suggest it's more an issue for the insurance company than it being any of Apple's responsibility.

But if you're looking for an actual answer to your question, they would replace like-for-like. Or at least give you in-store credit if they did replace it with a lower-spec model.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
Don't attempt to break your MacBook in an effort to get the new Aluminum MacBook. It will go wrong somewhere along the line.

Skydivincoastie

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
Believe it or not....My Whitebook died after 6 weeks...The same week the new Alum. Macbook came out! The store manager had no refurbished whitebooks in stock, and gave me the new 2.0 aluminum! I couldn't believe it, but I did get the new one...

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Please don't go about breaking a perfectly good machine just to get the new model. Some kid on these forums was doing the same to his MacBook Pro just to a newer model. That's basically stealing. If you want a new machine, sell yours and then upgrade.

mynameisraj

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2008
Boulder, Colorado
Apple is nice to you, don't abuse your great warranty.

I would hate to have my 2.4 whitebook replaced, I LOVE this thing! I've had to send it in 3 times for various cosmetic issues, though. They made these things out of crappy materials.

2.4 whitebooks rule.

Solemony

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2008
Wonderland
...Well if you are trying to purposely break your White MB to get the Alu. MB it's wrongdoing but if it is actually broke not because of you actually break it but the MB itself breaks then I guess they will probably replace a low-spec one but you could ask one of it's representative at an apple store if you want to the details into it..

lozzy1234567890

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I am not trying to get the newer models but they sure do look nice..., i also love my whitebook, i was just wondering that if they do, do a replacement, do they have to match the ghz of 2.4? my MacBook is perfectly fine, except the time where some stupid idiot spill coke all over the palm rest, none of it got in though:D im never gonna let this thing go... EVER!!!!

mynameisraj

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2008
Boulder, Colorado
I am not trying to get the newer models but they sure do look nice..., i also love my whitebook, i was just wondering that if they do, do a replacement, do they have to match the ghz of 2.4? my MacBook is perfectly fine, except the time where some stupid idiot spill coke all over the palm rest, none of it got in though:D im never gonna let this thing go... EVER!!!!

I would argue that they don't as the new models have the nvidia chip which apple would argue makes the difference…

I think it's based on value, not speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.