Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iQueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
this is my first Q>>>:D

and this is my frist problem

what is the problem her ???

621231606.png

Thanks

iQueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
OK >>:eek: Iam not good english speker

this is problem window shaw when I click run button in the TextWrangler

programe

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I knaw #!====run
but what is the problem in this window

621231606.png

Like it says, your shebang isn't valid. Make sure it's the first line and pointing toward an application. If you post the text of the document we might be able to better help.

iQueen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
iam sorry for late >>>>this is simple code

save as (.html)

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>My first script</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
<h1>
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript">

document.write("Hello, world!")

</script>
</h1>
</body>
</html>

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
What you listed is a web page, which should be run in a browser, not from the "!#" menu in TextWrangler. That !# menu is for executing scripts that are also runnable from Terminal, such as a bash script, or perl, python, ruby, etc., but not for HTML.

hoangluong

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
this is my first Q>>>:D

and this is my frist problem

what is the problem her ???

621231606.png

Thanks

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem as this one. The only difference is that I got it when I tried to run a simple C program within Text Wrangler. I wrote it using Text Wrangler and instead of running GCC in Terminal to execute this C program I'd tried to run it from within Text Wrangler by clicking #! Run File or #! Run in Terminal.

I got this warning message exactly at this point, and I don't know how to resolve this because I'm extremely new to programming and C language is my 1st thing I'm working on. Please give me some help.

Thanks a bunch!

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Hi, I've got exactly the same problem as this one. The only difference is that I got it when I tried to run a simple C program within Text Wrangler. I wrote it using Text Wrangler and instead of running GCC in Terminal to execute this C program I'd tried to run it from within Text Wrangler by clicking #! Run File or #! Run in Terminal.

I got this warning message exactly at this point, and I don't know how to resolve this because I'm extremely new to programming and C language is my 1st thing I'm working on. Please give me some help.

Thanks a bunch!

Provide what you have at the top of your file, namely the shebang line (the first line). If you don't have a shebang line, that's your problem, and it has been detailed above if you read the thread. Also, have you tried the ideas presented in the thread as this has already been answered?

Also. realize the run option in TextWrangler is for running Unix scripts and interpreted languages like Perl and Python, not C, which has to be compiled before running. I'm not sure if you're trying to run your C program from TextWrangler (which won't work directly) or if you're trying to run a compiler script on your C code file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.