Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jan 17, 2009, 06:18 AM   #1
sirees01
macrumors newbie

Help needed to jailbreak

I have jailbroken a number of iphones previously, however I have come across a new problem.
When I use Quickpwn to jailbreak iphone 3g 2.2, I get error message
"An ipod has been detected,but it can not be identified properly.Please disconnect and reconnect the ipod and try again. An unkown error occurred (2001)"

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Cheers
sirees01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:40 AM   #2
chkdg8
macrumors 6502

Are you mac or pc? If you're mac then there was a problem after the 10.5.6 update in that it disabled the recognition of a device when it went in DFU mode. Just follow this thread here and you'll be fine.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:11 AM   #3
sirees01
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chkdg8 View Post
Are you mac or pc? If you're mac then there was a problem after the 10.5.6 update in that it disabled the recognition of a device when it went in DFU mode. Just follow this thread here and you'll be fine.
Cheers worked a treat.
Only problem I have now is I get error message "Different SIM detected, Please connect to itunes" when I pop Orange sim card in - no problems when I put official O2 sim card in.
Anyone know how to solve this problem ?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:51 PM   #4
MikePA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirees01 View Post
Only problem I have now is I get error message "Different SIM detected, Please connect to itunes" when I pop Orange sim card in - no problems when I put official O2 sim card in.Anyone know how to solve this problem ?
Since O2 and Orange are different carriers, you will need to unlock the phone as well to use different SIMs.
MikePA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2009, 02:18 PM   #5
sirees01
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
Since O2 and Orange are different carriers, you will need to unlock the phone as well to use different SIMs.
phone has been unlocked with yellowsn0w but when I put orange sim card in, I get this error message ?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks