Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sirees01

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
I have jailbroken a number of iphones previously, however I have come across a new problem.
When I use Quickpwn to jailbreak iphone 3g 2.2, I get error message
"An ipod has been detected,but it can not be identified properly.Please disconnect and reconnect the ipod and try again. An unkown error occurred (2001)"

Anyone know how to resolve this?

Cheers

chkdg8

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2007
Are you mac or pc? If you're mac then there was a problem after the 10.5.6 update in that it disabled the recognition of a device when it went in DFU mode. Just follow this thread here and you'll be fine.

sirees01

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Are you mac or pc? If you're mac then there was a problem after the 10.5.6 update in that it disabled the recognition of a device when it went in DFU mode. Just follow this thread here and you'll be fine.
Cheers :) worked a treat.
Only problem I have now is I get error message "Different SIM detected, Please connect to itunes" when I pop Orange sim card in - no problems when I put official O2 sim card in.
Anyone know how to solve this problem ?

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Only problem I have now is I get error message "Different SIM detected, Please connect to itunes" when I pop Orange sim card in - no problems when I put official O2 sim card in.Anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Since O2 and Orange are different carriers, you will need to unlock the phone as well to use different SIMs.

sirees01

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
Since O2 and Orange are different carriers, you will need to unlock the phone as well to use different SIMs.

phone has been unlocked with yellowsn0w but when I put orange sim card in, I get this error message ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.