Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
I've done a search of the forum and can't find an answer to this question:

Does iWork 09 have an Autosave feature in Pages, Numbers and Keynote, as so many wanted in iWork '08?

Also, does anyone know if the equation editor can work with MS Office 2004's equation editor, or does it only work with the one that you have to buy off another website (can't remember the name of it)?

Cheers :)

Achiever

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
I've done a search of the forum and can't find an answer to this question:

Does iWork 09 have an Autosave feature in Pages, Numbers and Keynote, as so many wanted in iWork '08?

Also, does anyone know if the equation editor can work with MS Office 2004's equation editor, or does it only work with the one that you have to buy off another website (can't remember the name of it)?

Cheers :)

I haven't looked yet in Keynote or Numbers, but is does NOT have it in Pages. This would lead me to believe it is not in any of the others. A posted in another thread pointed out that it seems strange that the company which doesn't trust us enough to backup our files (hence Time Machine) somehow trusts us enough to save our files. If I am wrong and someone has found an autosave feature, please let me know.

And I don't know anything about equation editor. Sorry.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
I haven't looked yet in Keynote or Numbers, but is does NOT have it in Pages. This would lead me to believe it is not in any of the others. A posted in another thread pointed out that it seems strange that the company which doesn't trust us enough to backup our files (hence Time Machine) somehow trusts us enough to save our files.

If that is the case then I guess I'm going to be stuck with Office '04 for quite a while yet... Another lost sale for iWork.

I'm quite surprised at Apple for dropping the ball twice on that factor.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Autosave not a feature of iWork 09

There are some 3rd party tools as detailed in this thread.

Equation Editor can be used to create equations which can be copied and pasted into Pages, when doing this you do loose the ability to double click and change the equation at a later date. To get this you have to get Math Type.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
I've just been doing some rooting around on the apple Discussion forums (forgot to search there first, didn't I!) and it seems that there is still NO autosave feature in iWork: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8761658&#8761658

However, people are using this freeware tool to get autosave features in iWorks: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/eversave.html (Leopard only, so useless for me)

Edit:

Oops, posted this while xUKHCx was posting! Thanks for the reply about Equation Editor/Math Type. Might look into that if I do decide to buy iWork.

Achiever

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Autosave not a feature of iWork 09

There are some 3rd party tools as detailed in this thread.

Equation Editor can be used to create equations which can be copied and pasted into Pages, when doing this you do loose the ability to double click and change the equation at a later date. To get this you have to get Math Type.

I was not aware of EverSave, but that's great! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.