Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gameguy3001

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Saskatoon, SK
So I have a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router that isnt being used right now. I want to set it up in bridge mode so that my old PowerMac G3 can connect to my wireless network and get on the internet since it doesnt have a airport card. I've tried Google-ing it but had no luck finding out how to do it or if there is even an option for it. Does anyone know how to set it up in bridge mode?

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
You can't. I have the same model and actually called D-Link to ask. They only have one router that can do this. I can't remember the model number offhand, but it's obviously expensive.

otayandy

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2007
WBR-1310 in concert with wired DSL router

Well, I found this thread while trying to figure out how to set up my WBR-1310 in bridge mode, as it is paired with my wired DSL modem
(using AT&T). Which, apparently, you can't do. BUT, as I was having a ton of trouble syncing it with my non-wireless DSL router, I did resolve the issue by setting up the D-Link WBR-1310 as DHCP connection (even though the DSL modem is set-up via PPOE) AND UNchecking the "Enable DHCP Server" setting on the WBR-1310.

It's worked fine for wireless connection throughout the house since then.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Yeah, you can't use it in bridge mode.

Honestly, I haven't been able to use it in any mode. IMHO, both the 1310 and 2310 are crap. I really wish you could flash them with a custom OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.