Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ABaker300

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Kansas
I've downloaded the SDK and was reading through "Beginning iPhone Development" and they say for the first exercise to start a new project and select "View-Based Application", but I don't have that option on my screen. Did I not download everything I needed? The only options I get are for Cocoa. I'm running Xcode 3.1, which is what they're using in the book. I uninstalled the SDK and went through the installation again just to make sure that I didn't exclude anything during setup. Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    73.8 KB · Views: 72

CommanderData

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2007
I've downloaded the SDK and was reading through "Beginning iPhone Development" and they say for the first exercise to start a new project and select "View-Based Application", but I don't have that option on my screen. Did I not download everything I needed? The only options I get are for Cocoa. I'm running Xcode 3.1, which is what they're using in the book. I uninstalled the SDK and went through the installation again just to make sure that I didn't exclude anything during setup. Anyone got any ideas?

Where'd you get that copy of the SDK from, a torrent site? None of those are options in 2.2... Maybe back in the old beta builds from March 2008?

You should have:
Navigation-Based Application
OpenGL ES Application
Tab Bar Application
Utility Application
View-Based Application
Window-Based Application

I would recommend you download the correct SDK for 2.2 from Apple and install it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.