Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ant7783

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
When I first setup my wireless HP printer with my MBP it worked fine. Originally the network I was using did not have a passcode on it and after I setup passcode on the router in order for someone to connect wireless the printer will not communicate with the computer. The internet work just not the printer. When I go to print a document it recognizes the printer, sends the printer and then says the file has been printed but nothing ever comes out of the printer. Any idea on how to fix this

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I had a similar problem with my HP laser. I deleted the printer in preferences and added it back again. Fixed it for me.

Good luck.

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
Same for me with HPJ6480. Twice something has happened to break the computer printer connection. Both times I've been able to delete all of the printers and go through the reinstall. A bit painful but seems to correct the situation. Last time was a few months ago and it's been solid since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.