Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oatybar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I have a fairly valuable domain name that I'm looking to auction off. Can anyone recommend a good auction site or fill me in on what this process might entail? I've never gone through the process before.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
There was a relatively recent thread here on just that. Use the search to see if you can turn it up. I believe it had something like "selling a web site" or "selling a domain" in the title. There was a little nonsense in the thread, but near the end some good information was provided.

ilovemac1234

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2009
selling web sites

There was a relatively recent thread here on just that. Use the search to see if you can turn it up. I believe it had something like "selling a web site" or "selling a domain" in the title. There was a little nonsense in the thread, but near the end some good information was provided.

there are a lot of places you can do that. Places like forums.digitalpoint.com,
sitepoint.com. dnforum.com, namepros.com are the forums that allow you sell off your sites or domains. You may also list them at sedo, moniker etc.

do do a search in the internet and you will have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.