Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lukeksk

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Recently when I played my music on my iPhone (via the iPod application), I found out that the first song I played would keep repeating itself. No matter how I tap, double tap, triple tap on the "Shuffle" mode listed under the playlist to undo the repeat mode, nothing happens. I would like to have the songs in the playlist shuffled and the playlist (not song) repeat itself but I can't seem to get out of this repeat song mode at all. Help!

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
when you play a song, tap the album art to bring up more options. The repeat button is the one furthest to the left (looks like two arrows in an oval). Tap it until it is not coloured anymore.

DJ567

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2006
London, UK
previous poster is correct,
also as added info no colour means no repeat,
coloured blue means repeats the playlist and
coloured with the number 1 means repeat the individual track

syabbas

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2009
How about videos

For Song, when we tap the album art, the option to set repeat functions does come up. But I can't find the same for a video track. Any ideas?

vathsan4u

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2010
Turn off repeat for video songs in iPhone

Hello,

I updated to software version 4.2.1 and from then my video songs gets repeated and there is no option to turn the repeat off. usually a repeat off button will appear on the left side when the song plays and if i tap it to look blue the song will repeat and if is off the song does not repeat. but after this update I dont see this option. Please help.

kdoz

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
Hello,

I updated to software version 4.2.1 and from then my video songs gets repeated and there is no option to turn the repeat off. usually a repeat off button will appear on the left side when the song plays and if i tap it to look blue the song will repeat and if is off the song does not repeat. but after this update I dont see this option. Please help.

I have exactly the same problem, I tap the blue arrow nothing changes, no options seems present to make it shuffle it just keeps playing the same song its driving me nuts!!!

stana2z

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2007
Oxnard, CA
Podcasts Repeating as Well

Playing a podcast. Podcast ends. Podcast Repeats from the begining. WTH?? If theres three episodes, it will play 1, 2, 3 and then repeat at 1 again. :eek:

LBorger

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2011
Podcast video repeat

I see the same problem, tried several suggestions, no resolution. On the iPhone 4 and on the iPad, when playing video podcasts, the first video will repeat ONCE. All other videos will not repeat. The order varies: it may be 1-1-2-3 or 1-2-1-3. My conclusion is that the first play does not get marked in the device, which would mean that it is a software bug and needs an Apple update. I don't think this is a configuration issue.

Can others confirm this behavior?
What is the best way to report this to Apple?

BWV565

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
I appreciate this thread, it was driving me crazy on my iPhone 4/4S.

Question: is it possible to make this setting the default setting for the entire library (i.e. do NOT repeat)?

Thanks!

essar

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2016
Recently when I played my music on my iPhone (via the iPod application), I found out that the first song I played would keep repeating itself. No matter how I tap, double tap, triple tap on the "Shuffle" mode listed under the playlist to undo the repeat mode, nothing happens. I would like to have the songs in the playlist shuffled and the playlist (not song) repeat itself but I can't seem to get out of this repeat song mode at all. Help!
[doublepost=1453715161][/doublepost]In the Now Playing screen there should be a translucent bar at the top underneath the name of the song that's playing (if it's not there, tap the album art). The bar should have playback time in it along with 3 icons

- Repeat
- Genius
- Shuffle

Tap repeat (the 2 arrows in an oval shape), until it's not coloured

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
[doublepost=1453715161][/doublepost]In the Now Playing screen there should be a translucent bar at the top underneath the name of the song that's playing (if it's not there, tap the album art). The bar should have playback time in it along with 3 icons

- Repeat
- Genius
- Shuffle

Tap repeat (the 2 arrows in an oval shape), until it's not coloured
It's likely at least somewhat different (if not more than that) than what it was like almost 7 years ago back in 2009 when the question came up.

kelmadzack

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2019
when you play a song, tap the album art to bring up more options. The repeat button is the one furthest to the left (looks like two arrows in an oval). Tap it until it is not coloured anymore.

I do not have a repeat button...only a play and shuffle.. How do I turn off repeat for my music.
[doublepost=1561162124][/doublepost]What happens if you do not have a repeat button.. I only have PLAY and shuffle. I need to turn off REPEAT for all my music. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.