Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HyperSnake

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Switzerland
Hi, I'm a Danish guy who lives in Switzerland. I still got a Danish adress which is why Im using the Danish iTunes store. I'd like to keep using it since it has some of the country-specific-titles. My problem is that for my birthday today, I received 2 iTunes gift certificates adding up to 70 CHF(Swiss Franks), which I'm planning on spending on applications for my iPhone. The Danish iTunes store (obviously) won't recognize these Swiss gift cards. What do I do? I have been thinking of two solutions:

1. Make a new iTunes account with my Swiss adress, and then download the apps to iTunes and followingly load to my iPhone. QUESTION: Is it possible to have apps/music from two different iTunes accounts on one iPhone and iTunes library?

2. I could change the adress of my iTunes account to my Swiss adress, redeem the gift cards and spent the whole lot at once and then change back(not prefered). QUESTION: Is it possible to have apps/music from two different iTunes stores on one iPhone and iTunes library?

If anybody knows of an easier or simpler method please tell me about it.

Thank You in advance.

shahr04360

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2007
GMT+8
It only valid for using prior to country of iTunes gift card is. Means, if Swiss iTunes gift card, it only valid at Swiss iTunes Store. The account should have Swiss address as well.

Maybe, the solution by creating new Swiss iTunes account. Try this:
1. Log to Swiss iTunes Store.
2. Go to redeem.
3. Create new Swiss iTunes account with your current Swiss address.

HyperSnake

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Switzerland
It only valid for using prior to country of iTunes gift card is. Means, if Swiss iTunes gift card, it only valid at Swiss iTunes Store. The account should have Swiss address as well.

Maybe, the solution by creating new Swiss iTunes account. Try this:
1. Log to Swiss iTunes Store.
2. Go to redeem.
3. Create new Swiss iTunes account with your current Swiss address.

Basicaly just what I wrote as one of my possibilities but doesn't answer the question.

Anybody else? I'm really stuck here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.