Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Haven't tried it yet, but I'd imagine Google Docs works on the iPod Touch. Docs.google.com. Use this almost exclusively now instead of Excel.

Dave

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Haven't tried it yet, but I'd imagine Google Docs works on the iPod Touch. Docs.google.com. Use this almost exclusively now instead of Excel.

Problem with google docs is wouldn't you need to be online for it to work? So it wouldn't work if you are somewhere without a wifi connection?

NXTMIKE

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Canada
Is there a mobile version of office the the itouch, I need to have excel on an itouch - any solutions?
Thanks

First off, please call it iPod Touch. itouch sounds...just a bit childish plus this will drive many Apple fanboys crazy.

Anyway Dataviz should be releasing an Excel/Word/Powerpoint bundle for the iPod Touch/iPhone. I have their Documents To Go for my Palm Tungsten and its quite usefull...expecially with the add-on full size keyboard I bought. Sure I don't use it anymore but its a great software for such a little thing.

When they do release it for the iPod Touch, it should be good and all...but without an actual 'physical' keyboard typing may become a pain. Since the new iPod Touch does have Bluetooth inside, some smart company may want to jump on creating a bluetooth keyboard and driver for the iPod Touch and iPhone. BUT don't yell at me if this is already in development (which it probably is) and its important to note that knowing Apple's policies/tricks, getting an external device to collaborate with the iPod Touch may be a bit of a headache.
:D

Muncher

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2007
California
Since the new iPod Touch does have Bluetooth inside, some smart company may want to jump on creating a bluetooth keyboard and driver for the iPod Touch and iPhone.
:D

The bluetooth is only for the nike+, and may not be able to perform standard bluetooth functions.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.