Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jknight8907

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Hudson Valley NY
Like the title says, post pics of your sunglasses.....

I'll start it off with mine:
OOABAAAAKBLBMABIt.jpg

Hawkeye411

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Canada EH!!!
These are similar to mine. I have a slightly different tint.

spiral-10630_b.jpg

Are yours Sundog? My last pair looked just like yours and they were Sundogs.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
Mine are BVLGARI men's aviators. I was pleased to find that they no longer sell them and there are no Google images about them. Not one of my better spending ideas, but these retailed for $500. :) Sorry for the crappy photo; taken w/iPhone.

btw these are the real deal not some cheap nockoff

Attachments

• IMG_0287.JPG
    IMG_0287.JPG
    360.1 KB · Views: 592

heron88

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
ray-ban-aviators-in-gold.jpg

not the same ones I have but similar. My dad baught them back in the 70's and handed them down to me.

Mastamarek

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Warsaw, Poland
Thats my dream thread. I wonder why I didnt start it myself.
Well, I ll write up some history with my love of oakley products.

First when I was 16 I went to Dublin with my buddies and one of my friend was very rich and always talking about his spendings. It was very annoying. Anyway, he always talked about the company called Oakley and how their sunglasses cost over $500 and are so cool and bla bla bla. Well I fought I ll finally shut him up and I bought a pair of my own to show him off. I ve spend 200 euros on the C-Wires, that was like 6-7 years ago. I overpaid for them but they will become handy later on. I loved them, they were really good but I still didnt know where that 200euro price tag went untill one day. I was cycling and a truck full of rock overtook me when suddenly the back hatch opened and all the rocks fell on me. Ofcourse I fell of my bike and got hurt pretty bad nothing happened to my c-wires and as a matter of fact they probably saved my vision as some of the rocks hit my head. From here on I went bizarre with buying oakley sunglasses.

1) started with C-wires - oakley doesnt make them anymore

2) then I bought Xmetal Juliets Plasma Fire:
443d3b9a79c6f.jpg

3) then I bought regular Juliets Carbon Black Iridium and gave them to my mom

443d3be3d1b7f.jpg

4) then I ve bought Xmetal XX 24k

454636373ab0d.jpg

5) then I ve decided that I look like a space robot in those and gave all xmetals to my mom - I dont have a GF so she gets all my unwanted stuff.

6) now I m just left with Crosshairs and I love them. Heres a little photo shoot:

oak1jt8.jpg

oak2we6.jpg

oak3sr1.jpg

oak4mv0.jpg

oak5gj3.jpg

the end

PS
No I know why I wrote that whole story down. The whole sytuation is just ironical that I was trying to show off to my stupid friend when I was actually saving my own life. :)

Reactions: i_osman

SteveMobs

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
Washington D.C.
Not mine specifically, but the exact same ones. I don't think I'll ever buy a different brand. These are Oakley Gascans, smoke lenses on smoke frame. They are wonderful, super light, and even tested against ballistic objects.

GascanBrownSmoke.jpg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Serengeti, the best damn sunglass company in the world. ;) Seriously, ask an optometrist.

They're one of the only manufacturers that still use primarily glass lenses. They're amazing, but the bad thing is that you really can't use them for playing sports (except maybe running), since they shatter. If you need sports glasses, you need plastic lenses.

The ones in the photo are the Velocity model, but mine are from last year, and they don't sell them anymore. These are nearly the same though.

Attachments

• serengeti.jpg
    serengeti.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 453

SteveMobs

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
Washington D.C.
I loved them, they were really good but I still didnt know where that 200euro price tag went untill one day. I was cycling and a truck full of rock overtook me when suddenly the back hatch opened and all the rocks fell on me. Ofcourse I fell of my bike and got hurt pretty bad nothing happened to my c-wires and as a matter of fact they probably saved my vision as some of the rocks hit my head. From here on I went bizarre with buying oakley sunglasses.

This is what we're talking about, a link to some videos of Oakley's high impact testing. Watch how the Oakley protect and the Guchi's, Pradas, etc. will leave your eye replaced by whatever was flying at you.

http://oakley.com/innovation/optical_superiority/impact_protection

Mastamarek

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Warsaw, Poland
This is what we're talking about, a link to some videos of Oakley's high impact testing. Watch how the Oakley protect and the Guchi's, Pradas, etc. will leave your eye replaced by whatever was flying at you.

http://oakley.com/innovation/optical_superiority/impact_protection

Great vid. I can definitely tell that oakley really puts effort into making their sunglasses and i highly recommend them. Also to who everyone that skies or snowboards, i highly suggest buying Oakley goggles. I own fire wisdoms and they are just chopping magic this thing. Absolutely top notch.

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
1. DKNY DY 5017 Silver with Black lenses no gradient. My prescription glasses for driving and such.
2. Ray Ban 3211 Black frames with gradient grey lenses (my lenses are far darker and less gradient than the photo). Had to order them from Italy because they stopped selling the black frames on this model in the U.S..

As for Oakley, yeah, maybe they can protect from objects, but I think they're ugly. Oh well, to each their own. I guess they'd be good for sports, I might wear them then. I'd certainly look a little goofy playing right field in my Ray Bans.

Attachments

• dkny_DY5017_100411.jpg
    dkny_DY5017_100411.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 424
  • 9865.jpg
    9865.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 463

liquidtrend

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
i have the standard oakley gascan, eyepatch, and half jacket (polarized)...
but my favorites would be these...

IMG_1994.jpg

-Dior homme aviators
-Prada in Havan brown (case is some rubbery not-look-good-in-the-photo type case)
-YvesSaintLaurent '07
-Chanel '87

most of my favorites are female sunglasses, but i love how they look on me.

brikeh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2006
Gucci aviators

Attachments

• 2477099125_860b50ebb7.jpg
    2477099125_860b50ebb7.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 458

hmai18

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2008
Polarized Oakley Whiskers for street use:

827-289566-d.jpg

Rudy Project Rydon for cycling and other sports use:

7813.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.