Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Hi All,

I have a text view field on a detail window in IB that always has an extra gap at the top, which I want to get rid of. The settings are all zero, and you can't set a minus value, as far as I can see. Does anyone know if there is a way to eliminate this?

Boyplunder

Added: Above the text view [selected] you can see an extra bit of space that isn't all the way round. The scroll control that appears when you scroll the text starts a few millimeters higher than the text. I would like to amend this so the border space is all the same. It looks like this is just how it is.

http://images.macrumors.com/vb/images/attach/png.gif

Attachments

• View.png
    View.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 69

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Not sure I understand. Can you provide us with a screenshot?

EDIT: Now that I've seen the screenshot (a new post rather than editing the original would've made this thread flow nicer), I think I see what you're talking about. Have you tried adjusting either contentInset or contentOffset?

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
UK
Text view issue

It seems to me that this is a set issue.
I would have thought that the logical thing to do was leave the offsets and let the developer choose. What actual seems to be the case is that there is a top, left, right and bottom preset on any new text fields, but the top seems to be just big by default.

If anyone has a view on this, please post.

Boyplunder

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I would have thought that the logical thing to do was leave the offsets and let the developer choose
In order to better satisfy the HIG, I believe Apple likes to build in some spacing defaults so that things initially are laid out more pleasing to the eye, rather than relying on the developers to have to go in and tweak everything to get it to be pleasing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.