Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
hi, I a lot CDs that I want rip to apple lossless, I use XLD for convert .flac to apple lossless and is great, but I never use to rip CDs, I use itunes, the problem of itunes is the gap seconds, that dont remove (I think :confused:)

So whats better for rip CDs to apple lossless without loose any quality? itunes or xld ????

thanks!!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
hi, I a lot CDs that I want rip to apple lossless, I use XLD for convert .flac to apple lossless and is great, but I never use to rip CDs, I use itunes, the problem of itunes is the gap seconds, that dont remove (I think :confused:)

So whats better for rip CDs to apple lossless without loose any quality? itunes or xld ????

thanks!!

As for quality both of them use Apple's Quicktime library to perform the actual conversion. So you get the exact same result in either case.

But I notice the XLD will used as many CPU cores as you have to do the converson ans so it is faster. Well faster if you have a very fast CD reader. Also for ripping many CDs I think XLD's user interface is faster to navigate.

But the end result is the same.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
As for quality both of them use Apple's Quicktime library to perform the actual conversion. So you get the exact same result in either case.

But I notice the XLD will used as many CPU cores as you have to do the converson ans so it is faster. Well faster if you have a very fast CD reader. Also for ripping many CDs I think XLD's user interface is faster to navigate.

But the end result is the same.

what about the gap seconds? itunes dont remove?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.