Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
I miss my blackbook every once in a while :) the only thing i really noticed when upgrading is the backlit keys.

i think this thread would be better with some pictures ;)

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
I LOVE my BlackBook, its a Early 08 with 4GB of ram...As soon as OWC gets it in stock I'm going to be ordering a new 500GB 7200rpm HD...My iTunes library is taking over my BlackBook(its 111.89GB and Growing:rolleyes:) and its begging for more space:( Everyone once in while I really start liking the new MacBooks but then I'm like NO, I have a perfectly good computer and its unique(being black and all) I really, really like the lighted keyboard of the new ones though...lol

marbles

macrumors 68000
Apr 30, 2008
EU mostly
Compared to the current NVidia whitebooks....much difference at all?
( 'cept the colour obviously)

I know the graphics and all but what about the differences(if many) for other tasks

Jeffrosproto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2008
I never personally owned a blackbook, but I used my friends quite often, it was a very good apple design that wasn't widely purchased.

elfxmilhouse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Northeast USA
the black macbook was my favorite before the aluminum came out.
however i did not like the plastic feel, i came from owning many thinkpads so the macbook shell did not feel sturdy enough for me.

smooth

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007
Detroit
Being that my MacBook is a machine, I won't say that I "love" it but I am very happy with it. I've had it almost a year and a half and it still runs like new. When it comes to important purchases (cars, computers, cell phones) I prefer to use them for the maximum amount of time as possible. So when the new MacBooks came out when my MacBook was only a year old the thought of upgrading had not crossed my mind.

At some point I'll likely upgrade the RAM and HDD, but I'll admit getting the black one was a bit of a noob move (it was my first laptop). Had I found this site first, I would have probably gotten the white superdrive model and upgraded the RAM and HDD sooner.

When it comes to design, it does not really impact my decisions. It's what's on the inside and how it performs that matters. But if I had to pick which MacBook "looks" the best, I would say the BlackBook and I would consider the new MacBooks quite ugly. I like that they are unibody and offer lit keyboards but that is definitely not a reason for me to upgrade just yet.

Spares

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2009
ignor the finger prints!! but heres a pic of my two

IMG_1784.jpg

CandyShop

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
I'm glad we've got a BlackBook appreciation thread going here! I wonder if the Blackbook will eventually develop a cult following like the 12' Powerbook and 3rd Generation iPod did.

Anyway, I love my BlackBook because it is unique and I feel it reflects me & my personality/style better than any other Mac. I would love to have the benefits of the aluminum MacBook, but for some reason I would just feel wrong without my BlackBook. I'm sure I'll have it for years to come.

iknowyourider

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2008
onanorthboundtrain
I still love my 2.2 / 4 gb / 250 gb. I upped it from 2 gb / 160 gb. It is very good looking and works very well. I think that it is a unique version of a modern apple notebook. The black keys on black are sexy. The white apple lighted logo on black is so... you know. I use it a lot and it may blow up one day. I hope it is under warranty then, and maybe they'll replace it with an early 2010 black ssd unibody;)

macnvrbck

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2005
Mods, skins, stickers?

Anyone got any cool and sexy mods, skins, stickers?

Not the wacky black/white key mode...

Any cool stickers or skins? I only have the Moshi Palmguard and trackpad cover.

macnvrbck

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2005
Next good idea...

I don't like any of the keyboard covers but I need an idea to at least cover the spacebar.

The dark side of the Blackbook... the dreaded shiney wear on the black matte on the keys and palm area.

Everything is protected but the individual keys. Key skins!

whitemacbook

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2009
I went from Rev A blackbook to a white macbook in october.
Do I miss it?
From an aesthetic point yeah I liked the matt finish better.
From a practical point I find it easier to type in low light on the white macbook

In summary:black or white I don't care I just like the overall design.Not a fan of the alu macbooks.maybe if they had matching keyboards....

Vogue Harper

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Serenity
I adore my Black Mac :) Santa Rosa 2.2Ghz, 2GB RAM and 320GB Western Digital HDD (both easy upgrades). My first Apple computer and it's been great so far. I sometimes look at the unibody aluminium MacBooks in the Apple shop but I am never tempted to buy one.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
blackbook... does it count?

half the weight of a macbook, 1/3 the price of a macbook, windows optional :)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 162

impreza98

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2008
My girlfriend loves her mid-07 BlackBook. She calls him Mr. Computer which makes my Unibody Mrs. Computer. haha.

klempwrsu

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008
I still love my white macbook. It was my first mac as well as my first computer that i paid for. It runs great, but the only complaint is the graphics card.

GrannieSmith

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2009
City of Medicine
They should have kept making the black ones, why did they just keep white? , I guess to tie the product line in with the Mini -both the so called 'low end'

stuff the alu's :p polycarb Macs all the way :D

I will admit - if they still made the Blackbooks I would have possibly bought a souped-up one of them over the Alum one I've got. I think the Blackbooks look HOT. (Which is why I ordered a black MacPad.)

ceezy3000

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2009
The Valley!!
dude i love myn, its the best even after going in for two repairs in less than two months, still kinda wish it had a 9400m but still love it

yoppie

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I still love mine. One of the reasons I haven't upgraded to a unibody is because my Core Duo still runs all the things I need pretty well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.