Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
I have a white macbook that does not turn on. The battery still shows a full charge, but pushing the power button does nothing. I have tried to unseat/reseat the battery. Could it be something simple? When you push the power button, no response at all.

Thanks.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Thanks. I did all that before I posted. I guess I thought some old Apple Vet might have a solution not found as simple as a Google Search.

Well if you done those things already you might want to add that to your original post next time. We cant read your mind.

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
Well if you done those things already you might want to add that to your original post next time. We cant read your mind.

HAHA -- Good Point. I guess I wasn't very clear. Basically I wanted to quick post before I threw it in the trash.

SO - I tried everything Apple Suggests when a computer will not turn on. It still does not turn on. Anyone ever have a similar problem?

Thanks Slim Shady for all your help! WERD!

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
SO - I tried everything Apple Suggests when a computer will not turn on. It still does not turn on. Anyone ever have a similar problem?

There we go! Thats what I'm talkin about!!! ;)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help tho... I'm sure someone here will get you taken care off. Good luck

EDIT: Have you tried booting from the install disk?

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
There we go! Thats what I'm talkin about!!! ;)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help tho... I'm sure someone here will get you taken care off. Good luck

Yah, you were totally right, my original post was just kind of, out there, .. I appreciate you taking the time to help me clean it up.

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
No problem.
I just edited my last post, did you try booting from the install disk?

You take awesome pictures by the way!

The Macbook is completely, 100% dead. The battery has a charge, but when I press the power button not a single thing happens. I have a feeling it's not good, but before I tossed it thought maybe someone had a trick, for example, popping it apart and checking a wire, but I know these aren't like PC notebooks and maybe it's just time to get rid of it.

Thanks again!!

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
You take awesome pictures by the way!

The Macbook is completely, 100% dead. The battery has a charge, but when I press the power button not a single thing happens. I have a feeling it's not good, but before I tossed it thought maybe someone had a trick, for example, popping it apart and checking a wire, but I know these aren't like PC notebooks and maybe it's just time to get rid of it.

Thanks again!!

Thanks for the comment on the pics!
Well I'm outta info for your situation but I'm sure someone might be able to help. Do you still have AppleCare? (it just says you have a "white" macbook so that could mean you possibly still have AppleCare depending on when you bought it)

superpalmtree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
North Dakota
Thanks for the comment on the pics!
Well I'm outta info for your situation but I'm sure someone might be able to help. Do you still have AppleCare? (it just says you have a "white" macbook so that could mean you possibly still have AppleCare depending on when you bought it)

Thanks. I'll check on Applecare. I appreciate your help, but I too will abandon this post and if I get a response great, and if not oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.