Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macosxisdabest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Are there any Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas cheats for macs? I can only find windows cheats and those don't work. :(

Sweep'n Streets

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
GTA: San Andreas? On the Mac? It's never been released. It only exists on torrent sites as a Cider wrapped app.

Yay piracy, eh?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
The cheats for the Windows version work in the Cider port. I have no idea what your problem would be.

GTA: San Andreas? On the Mac? It's never been released. It only exists on torrent sites as a Cider wrapped app.

Yay piracy, eh?

You can buy the Windows version, never install it or use it, and then get the port/make your own from the files on the disk.

That's not piracy, eh?

macosxisdabest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
But the cheats still don't work. I type "rocketman" during the game and it doesn't work. I type "professionalskit" and it doesn't work.

macosxisdabest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Yeah, it's pretty boring without cheats :( Can't get the jetpack

Is there a GTA IV torrent for Macs? If not, I wish someone would make a torrent... from what i've heard, it's far more advanced than GTA San Andreas.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Couple of cheats that work on my Cidered version:

Healthburst: HESOYAM
Jetpack: YECGAA
Weapons 1: LXGIWYL
Infinite Ammo: WANRLTM
Spawn Hovercraft: KGGGDKP
Never wanted: AEZAKMI

Should work, mate! :cool:

EDIT: Added my print-to-pdf file of the cheats I use... (see below) :)

EDIT2: some Cidered apps in my Dock:
- Unreal (original.. COOL)
- GTA San Andreas (painfully fun)
- Tiger Woods '08 (I bought this game, then found out it is a blatant "official" Cider-port :rolleyes: ... still fun though)

Attachments

• Cidered.jpg
    Cidered.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 58,798
  • Grand Theft Auto_ San Andreas for PC Cheats - Grand Theft Auto_ San Andreas Codes - Grand Theft .zip
    314.2 KB · Views: 2,784

macosxisdabest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Couple of cheats that work on my Cidered version:

Healthburst: HESOYAM
Jetpack: YECGAA
Weapons 1: LXGIWYL
Infinite Ammo: WANRLTM
Spawn Hovercraft: KGGGDKP
Never wanted: AEZAKMI

Should work, mate! :cool:

EDIT: Added my print-to-pdf file of the cheats I use... (see below) :)

EDIT2: some Cidered apps in my Dock:
- Unreal (original.. COOL)
- GTA San Andreas (painfully fun)
- Tiger Woods '08 (I bought this game, then found out it is a blatant "official" Cider-port :rolleyes: ... still fun though)

Still doesn't work!!! What is the key setup for your game? Maybe it's different from mine, that's why they don't work...

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Still doesn't work!!! What is the key setup for your game? Maybe it's different from mine, that's why they don't work...

It's all default... I usually agree with the defaults settings.
Keyboard set to US...?

The cheats are simply entered during the game, no capslock or anything.. just type.
I have no idea why they won't work on yours. :confused:

macosxisdabest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
It's all default... I usually agree with the defaults settings.
Keyboard set to US...?

The cheats are simply entered during the game, no capslock or anything.. just type.
I have no idea why they won't work on yours. :confused:

My keyboard is set to default and still doesn't work. I downloaded the game a torrent from thepiratebay.org - GTA San Andreas for Intel Macs. I downloaded it using Vuze. The game, when I open it, says "Cider" on top. I don't know what the problem is... How did you download yours?

macosxisdabest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
its taking a medium from its native source to a non-native source.
with a purchased cd, accdng to the eula, most record co's don't permit "making unauthorized, electronic or otherwise, copies"

same as taking a game you own, and getting a cider-wrapped version.

However, Vuze "Monetize Your Content the Way You Want
- Ad supported
- Electronic Sell Through at the price you choose
- Or, you can offer it to viewers for free with no ads"

"To promote an enjoyable, fair and legal content experience, Vuze has established Rules and Policies that govern the use of the Vuze Platform. These Rules and Policies cover such things as what types of content you are allowed to offer on Vuze, how content can be described, and certain prohibited practices that could violate law, create confusion, provide an unfair advantage or result in a negative user experience. Violations of these Rules or Policies can result in one or more of the following consequences:

Removal of a particular piece of content
Removal of all content associated with your Vuze account
Restriction of your ability to publish content on Vuze
Restriction or indefinite suspension of all Vuze privileges
Other actions, as may be deemed appropriate under the circumstances
Learning about these Rules and Policies before you publish content or use Vuze will help you avoid unintentionally breaking them. When policy violations occur, Vuze emails the publisher (and in some cases, the viewer/buyer) regarding any action that is taken, including removal of the content."

You don't need to purchase a cd - you can legally download it.

newonmac

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2009
mods

:apple:
hey i've been playing the game for a week or so.... i just wanted to know if theres any way to install some mods like new cars and textures and if maybe is there any site to download this mod for mac

drspa44

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
For mods, you are limited to replacing some of the engine files in the game through Show Package Contents. I haven't managed to find out how to do SA-MP or Cleo mods, but the best ones that work are:

spaceeinstein_Mod_v3.0.zip - an all in one excellent hack. Believe me, once you install it, you will NEVER want to go back!!! Say goodbye to your current game progress though.

and a modified handling.cfg which will make all of the vehicles about twice the speed. I forgot where I got mine from, but I still have it. :D

drspa44

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Google "san andreas intel mac", but make sure you own the game otherwise you'll be doing piracy. If you want to change the icon of the game, here's one I made:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/aff2880/n/gametap_icns

By the way, is there any way to measure the FPS? I'm only getting about 30fps on the windows version at 1280x800, but on the cider port, the graphics seem way way better and can be run at 1680x1080 at what seems a higher fps (this is on an iMac 2.4ghz ATI Radeon hd 2400). Also, all of the cars look shiny and silver! :)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Google "san andreas intel mac", but make sure you own the game otherwise you'll be doing piracy. If you want to change the icon of the game, here's one I made:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/aff2880/n/gametap_icns

By the way, is there any way to measure the FPS? I'm only getting about 30fps on the windows version at 1280x800, but on the cider port, the graphics seem way way better and can be run at 1680x1080 at what seems a higher fps (this is on an iMac 2.4ghz ATI Radeon hd 2400). Also, all of the cars look shiny and silver! :)
you

You might want to check the frame limiter in the advanced graphics settings...the game limits the framerate to a 'cinematic' 25 fps by default, but the settings on the cidered version are totally messed up. To me the cider GTA is totally not worth it...messed up settings, weird glitches, keyboard problems, texture problems. I'd rather just boot into Windows and play a legit copy.

drspa44

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
you

You might want to check the frame limiter in the advanced graphics settings...the game limits the framerate to a 'cinematic' 25 fps by default, but the settings on the cidered version are totally messed up. To me the cider GTA is totally not worth it...messed up settings, weird glitches, keyboard problems, texture problems. I'd rather just boot into Windows and play a legit copy.

The only problems I get is the occasional missing texture, the mouse not working on the menu screen and the space bar and 's' being interpretted as the same key, but I find that the Windows version has more glitches and crashes than the cider version. Perhaps it's down to the download, because I know there are different versions, some of which don't let you use the mouse or the spacebar at all in game. The one I downloaded was the distro marked "working perfect". I don't think I'm allowed to give any links, but I think we all know how to use Google! :p

If 25fps is the limited option, then I think I'm close to double that, which I think is quite an achievement on my spec. It's hard to measure these things though by eye - that's why I asked about a fps counter!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.