Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Hey guys,

anyone know a good application that records lectures for class.

Thanks

jt2ga65

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Are you asking as a student wanting to record a lecture given by a teacher, or as a teacher wanting to record lectures to present? I think there is a world of difference between the two.

Recording a lecture to present, you could use anything to record the voice, such as garage band, and then overlay it on top of your presentation tool, or even record directly into the presentation software.

If you are recording someone else's lecture... Well, I don't think you are going to get good results out of this. Assuming that there is no visual material to record, and it is just audio, you are still left with a poor microphone in your laptop, and will end up with a bad audio recording. You might be able to get a little better by using an external microphone, but it will either have to be USB, or you will need to use an external audio input device connected via either USB or firewire. I still doubt that it would record well enough to be usable unless it was a small environment.

-jt2

deej999

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2009
If you just wan record from a mic attached to mac Audio Hijack Pro or Audacity are good.

tman07

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2009
When i do record lectures for my own well being, I just use the one built into Word 08.

I find it pretty useful. It will insert the recording into your notes (i use the notepad view) wherever you want it to, right next to the text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.