Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dimme

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
I am helping out out friend and going to rip there CD collection to itunes for them. I am using my Mac pro. What is the best way to do this and keep their music separate from mine. ( we do not have the same taste in Music). Can you have 2 separate itunes on the same computer? If so How?
Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Just create a new iTunes library and rip them into that library. Your existing library will remain the same. You'll want to change your iTunes Music folder location in Preferences before you rip.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I am helping out out friend and going to rip there CD collection to itunes for them. I am using my Mac pro. What is the best way to do this and keep their music separate from mine. ( we do not have the same taste in Music). Can you have 2 separate itunes on the same computer? If so How?
Thanks

The simplest way is to make a new login account on your MP for your friend and use that to rip the CDs.

But yess you can have two libraries in one user accound. Hold Option key while iTunes starts and it will ask which library to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.