Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
heh, cool. ive seen bose vending machines like that in airports where you can buy a pair of earphones for the plane ride. the only downside to the iPod is how do you get music on it for the trip? unless you happen to bring your laptop with you, but if you have your laptop wont you already have your music with you?!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Cue posts about our materialistic society, our disposable ways and other deep/meaningful critiques... Should we just go and send this straight to the political forums then?

IMO, one of the best ideas EVER! :D

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
LOL can you say horrible idea?

How do you charge it, how do you put music on it unless you have a laptop?

LOL its funny though!

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
One word, "POINTLESS". :rolleyes:

$30 dollar premium, forget it. No music, unless you have your notebook with your, useless....just use your notebook.

It comes across as a cheap gimmicky way to sell it on the vendors and airports behalf. :rolleyes:

Even a Shuffle would not be worth it. Might as well just sell it at a Duty Free. ;) :)

Frank (Atlanta)

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2004
Perhaps not so silly...

No, it wouldn't work for somebody that wants to listen to it right-then-and-there, but...it sure would make a great gift.

Especially if one's been away from home/family for more than a week...

Or if a birthday or event is coming-up and one didn't have time to pick-up a gift while traveling...

For those that travel a lot, a $30 premium wouldn't be so bad if it makes the difference between missing an event, etc.

And I'm not talking about "buying-off" one's family due to business travel - sometimes people just either A) don't have time to pick something out for friends/family or B) want to bring a nice gift home. Either of the preceding is an impulse buy, which this vending machine neatly addresses.

No, it's not the best value and if one plans better/has more time, then an iPod vending machine makes no sense. On the other hand, if one hasn't planned/didn't have time on a trip to pick-up a gift, then...

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
What they could do to improve it would be have a set of computers beside with iTunes, where you could sign in (or make an account) and dl songs and sync. And once you log off, the songs are automatically deleted for the next user. :) or they could not be deleted :D

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
stupid idea for sure, as a gift, its understandable, but not many people are going to buy them for that, there is no way to get your music on there or to charge it - pointless

blue.machine

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2009
We have a sighting of a quite unusual item. If you recalled yesterday we posted about the new Vodafone vending machines that are popping, Earlier this year I passed through Atlantas Hartfield Airport on my way back from nine months out of the country. It was my first step back into American,...

whitebook

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
Northern Ireland
yeh theres one in JFK airport, i took a pic of it with my iphone back in summer. I was late for my connecting flight and ran past it but was so intregued i stopped dead and had to take a photo haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.