Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AllensRevenge

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2009
You know, using Vaios as an argument against Macs isn't a very good idea, since both companies share the same business model. Well, apart from Sony pushing technology forward.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i thought they would push "gamer" more forcefully, the kid isn't strong enough in this aspect.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
You know, using Vaios as an argument against Macs isn't a very good idea, since both companies share the same business model. Well, apart from Sony pushing technology forward.

i thought they would push "gamer" more forcefully, the kid isn't strong enough in this aspect.
Hopefully they did get the FW model with dedicated graphics instead of the abysmal GMA 4500HD.

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
If I had a dollar for every time I've been late for baseball because my computer looked up things too slowly.

These ads have taught me that modern america is apparently a tasteless barren wasteland of empty concrete carparks and warehouse megastores.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Hopefully they did get the FW model with dedicated graphics instead of the abysmal GMA 4500HD.
graphic card is only one part of the story, the other part (the big one) being games are predominantly written for windows..

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Funny how Microsoft didn't really probe Apple on the "no games" usual argument.

I kinda laugh at the Apple part though, as usual. Both of them walk up all happy. (Cut scene) Ok attitudes change a little bit. (Cut scene) Nope, they're horrible.

Every time they change scenes, I could see someone in the back being like "YOU CAN'T BUY A MAC. OTHERWISE WE WONT GIVE YOU $1500". :D

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Funny how Microsoft didn't really probe Apple on the "no games" usual argument.

I kinda laugh at the Apple part though, as usual. Both of them walk up all happy. (Cut scene) Ok attitudes change a little bit. (Cut scene) Nope, they're horrible.

Every time they change scenes, I could see someone in the back being like "YOU CAN'T BUY A MAC. OTHERWISE WE WONT GIVE YOU $1500". :D
I heard Microsoft has a dozen such ads lining up, i would expect a gamer come up soon.

not they can't, but $1500 rally wont cover a mac. cheapest mac with larger than 13.3 screen costs $2000.

kindablue09

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
If I had a dollar for every time I've been late for baseball because my computer looked up things too slowly.

These ads have taught me that modern america is apparently a tasteless barren wasteland of empty concrete carparks and warehouse megastores.

+1

This ad just proves that people are too dumb to shop for themselves. A gaming laptop for an 11 y/o (who doesn't even know that most games are not supported by os x)? He'd be way better off spending the cash on a tower and a monitor. Or an PS3 and 600$ laptop. Anything is better than that choice.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
+1

This ad just proves that people are too dumb to shop for themselves. A gaming laptop for an 11 y/o (who doesn't even know that most games are not supported by os x)? He'd be way better off spending the cash on a tower and a monitor. Or an PS3 and 600$ laptop. Anything is better than that choice.
there is really no surprise, apples' pc vs. mac ads already proved your conclusion, soundly. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.