Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonah153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
I am pretty new to developing but I do know a thing or two...but there is a problem. I downloaded the iphone sdk and started using xcode. I open a blank project (window based application) and as soon as I open it I press "Build and Go" I HAVE THREE ERRORS!!!

1. Unable to create directory /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo

2. error: couldn't create directory /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo: Permission denied

3. /Users/Jonah/Desktop/untitled/untitled_Prefix.pch:1: fatal error: can't create precompiled header /var/folders/Rj/RjhRY3mPFz0kvyqJCUd6rE+++TM/-Caches-/com.apple.Xcode.502/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/untitled_Prefix-dsjprbsmyrrytwddlihxssjkwmgo/untitled_Prefix.pch.gch: Permission denied

THE weirdest part is that when I go to untitled_Prefix.pch and get info and click "make file localizable" the third error goes away. Thank you so much to anyone that can help!

jonah153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
It sounds like it could be a bad install of the sdk. Have you tried reinstalling it?

I had the dmg file saved and tried reinstalling that way but it did the same thing. Should I download it again?

jonah153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Please someone help!

Ok, I tried re-downloading and re-installing xcode and everything on the iphone sdk and STILL don't know whats wrong! Please help me!

jonah153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
If that doesn't work try downloading Onyx and do a repair permissions on disk

i did the onyx thing and it didn't work. same thee errors. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

BUT....here is what onyx told me after i did the maitnence...

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD
User differs on "System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg", should be 0, user is 502
Group differs on "System/Library/CoreServices/DefaultDesktop.jpg", should be 0, group is 20
Permissions differ on "private/var/log/secure.log", should be -rw------- , they are -rw-r-----
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library/Preferences"
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root/Library"
ACL found but not expected on "private/var/root"
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanArrow.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanCheck.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/lanDisabled.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanArrow.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanCheck.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Applications/Utilities/AirPort Utility.app/Contents/Resources/wanDisabled.png", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rw-rw-r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Application Support/Apple/ParentalControls/ALRHelperJobs", should be drwxrwxr-x , they are drwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/flashplayer.xpt", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library/Preferences", should be drwx------ , they are drwx---rwx
Permissions differ on "System/Library/User Template/English.lproj/Library", should be drwx------ , they are drwx---rwx
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Info.plist", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/MacOS/Flash Player", should be -rwxrwxr-x , they are -rwxr-xr-x
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/Flash Player.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "private/var/spool/cups/cache/rss", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are drwxrwxr-x
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/ko.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_CN.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
Permissions differ on "Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin/Contents/Resources/zh_TW.lproj/Localized.rsrc", should be -rw-rw-r-- , they are -rw-r--r--
ACL found but not expected on "Applications"
ACL found but not expected on "Library"
Permissions differ on ".", should be drwxrwxr-t , they are drwxrwxrwx

Finished verify/repair permissions on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD

jonah153

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Fixed!

Just in case anyone is wondering...I found a solution to the problem. I looked at the errors and they all had to do with some folder in var/folders/.....etc...well anyways, i showed all hidden files on my computer, went to that folder that it was talking about and set it so everyone on the computer has permission to read&write. then i clicked "build and go" and everything was GREAT!!!! thanks for anyone that helped....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:):p:eek::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.