Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tab3076

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Pretty easy, but I can't seem to find the directory. I'm looking for my photo albums but I can't seem to find any of them but they're on my touch.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
if memory serves me correct your images are not saved to iPod as a jpg/gif etc they are saved as a different file type but I cant remember the directry but having a quick nose I came across /private/var/mobile/Media/Photos I think this is the directory your after

mcc99

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
Yes, but...

if memory serves me correct your images are not saved to iPod as a jpg/gif etc they are saved as a different file type but I cant remember the directry but having a quick nose I came across /private/var/mobile/Media/Photos I think this is the directory your after

FW 1.1.4, using WinSCP to connect and browse content... would seem you are right re the location but the photos appear to be getting stored in some kinda BLOB file aptly named "Photo Database". Tried opening it with 7-Zip but to no avail.

mcc99

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
Just found freeware to do this

http://download.cnet.com/SharePod/3000-2141_4-10794489.html

Run the installer, plug in you iPod touch, fire up the SharePod program, choose "Photos" in upper-left drop-down list (find it under the "Copy to PC" and "Copy to iPod" icons at the toop) and all your photos will be shown to the right. Next, click "Copy photos to PC" under the left hand column of listed devices (will likely be just your one iPod) and you get a dialog asking where you want them copied to. Pick a folder, and presto, you be done. Downside is all the photos get copied; can't pick and choose.

But for free? I am not complaining. This is seemingly the only freeware that does this. I am not complaining.

Viva Share Pod!!

bertollini

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2011
Where are photos are stored on ipod touch . . .

The directory you are looking for is:

"/private/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/100APPLE"

I'm actually copying files, via WiFi, to my PC from my iPod, as I type this.

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.